9 ➣ gasoline

noah
i sat in the backseat of sadie's toyota, impatiently. "sadie, when are we gonna be there?" i said, leaning to finn's shoulder.

"just one more hour, noah. we need to stop for gas, okay?" sadie's mom said, before sadie could open her mouth.

"okay," i sighed, leaning back. we pulled into the exon gas station. i tapped sadie's shoulder. she turned around and sighed.

"noah, i know what you're going to ask. yes, everyone can get a snack." millie and finn pumped their fists and i widely smiled.

"this is why we're best friends, sadie." i said, as her mom pulled into the gas station. she handed sadie the twenty dollar bill and we dashed inside.

"hey sadie," millie yelled from another aisle. sadie dashed to her, and i quickly followed after her. millie held up donuts and chips.

"okay so i'm having trouble deciding." i rolled my eyes. this was the hardest decision to her?

"oh my god, you're an idiot," i said, nudging sadie to agree. instead, sadie looked at me funny.

"shut up noah," sadie said, half-laughing and half-serious. "you can get both, cutie."

millie smiled, getting up on her tippy toes to hug sadie. i grabbed a chocolate bar and looked for finn.

"your sister is really weird," i said, following finn to the checkout. "but my best friend seems to really like her."

"she's pretty annoying, i know. but i've lived with her for 13 years." finn said, nearing closer to the girls.

we all handed our items to sadie to pay for. she handed them back and hopped back into her car. the tank was full, and her mom re-started the engine.

we drove at a faster pace now that the tank was full, and millie was joking with sadie about some song that she was listening to.

i leaned to finn and sighed. "are you okay?"

"yeah, i love you."