15 ➣ up there

three months later

nobody's pov
"sadie! stop! i swear to god..." millie laughed uncontrollably, stopping to catch her breath.

"fine," sadie said. "i promise you that i'll stop tickling you." they linked pinkies and swore on it.

"you're so adorable when you laugh," sadie slowly said, brushing the hair out of millie's eyes.

sadie leant in and placed a small kiss on millie's lips. millie blushed crimson and smiled wider.

"you're really crazy, though." sadie laughed. millie nodded. she truly was mentally crazy, but that was besides the point.

"some day, you'll see them in heaven again, millie. unlesssss... you go to hell first." sadie teased, nudging millie.

"sadie.. they're not here. they're up there." millie said awkwardly. "and i don't wanna talk about them. they deserved it."

"he threatened you, millie. you made an assumption, and killed them both!" sadie practically screamed.

"i'm just a bit..." millie looked up, thinking for a word. "crazy." sadie filled in for her.

"the police still think it's suicide, sadie." millie trailed off, dragging her feet. "nobody will ever know."

"i miss noah and finn." sadie pouted as millie finished her sentence.

"yeah well," millie started. "when will you die? sixty years? you'll see them then."

"millie, last month you made a mistake." sadie trailed off, making her eyes serious and not filled with fun as they were before.

"yeah," millie looked down. "you still love me, and that's a start."

"i always will, even with this newfound insanity you got." sadie noted, looking down.

a girl can lie, can't she?

she just wishes millie was lying about them being dead.