16 ➣ lose yourself

sadie
you honestly can never tell. i sat on the couch, pondering what i'd just done. "why?" i asked, quietly.

"it's fun." millie suggested. i shook my head and widened my eyes.

"no, it's not. it's wrong." i yelled. i stood up, pointing to the figure laying on the carpet.

"you don't- you don't give someone hydrochloric acid and tell them it's soda!" i lost my shit, screaming loudly.

"i didn't know they'd die." she innocently suggested. i put my hand on my hip annoyedly.

"have you ever seen heathers?" i asked, as she nodded quickly. "you- you're kind of like JD."

"i'm not gonna bomb the school, sadie." millie laughed loudly.

"that's not my point." i sighed. "we're like JD and veronica, except we end up together in the end."

"so, what are we gonna do about maddie?" millie asked, pointing quickly.

"that's her name? i never noticed." i said, grabbing the girl by her arms.

"you never notice anything. you're gonna kill everyone before noticing they're even there." i glanced down and mumbled quietly.

"yeah, you're probably right." she shrugged, shifting her weight to her right side. "i wouldn't kill you though."

"how did we even come to this?" i asked, breathing heavily from the weight of everything leaning down on me.

"noah sai-" i cut her off right there.

"this isn't about what noah said. you took an idea wrong." i said, grabbing her hand that was placed midair.

"i just wanted to have fun." she said, twiddling her thumbs. "it sure was fun."

"i don't care what kind of fun this is, i just don't know how it incorporates me. find another hotline."

i opened the door and left millie to sit with the dead body. a text popped up on my phone.

come back. i still need you.