No chance

Knight high school is fairly normal. Teens litter every inch of the school-ground with the normal cliques. Jocks, the socials, the bad, the outcasts, the nerds, the invisibles and the normal people.

The main hallway is crowded like it always is at the end of the day. Aimee Jackson drops off her books by her locker until her locker is slammed shut.

"Hey A, do you want to come out with Brit and me? We're getting frozen yoghurt because someone is on a diet." Ebony says as she pushes her long black hair behind her ear.

"Can't I have plans." Aimee says and locks her locker.

"You have plans? Girl, the only thing you do is study and listen to music." Ebony says, her boyfriend Tyrone says a quick hi and pushes Ebony to the lockers and they start making out. Aimee smiles and takes the chance to escape. She pulls her phone out and walks down the hall. She bangs into something, or someone.

"I'm so sorry." She says as she looks up.

"Keep your eyes open kitty." Brandon says and walks away. She huffs and keeps walking. Brandon and Aimee have always had a mutual distaste for each other. She shakes her head and walks into the music room.

"Hey Mr. Matthews." She says and hugs the teacher by his desk.

"Hey girlie. So, is it ready for ears other than yours?" the man asks.

"You know the answer to that." I say and he sighs.

"You have to show it at some point." He says and ruffles my hair.

"No I don't it's just a hobby." I say and he rolls his eyes. He takes his briefcase and walks out. She waits ten minutes until she hears the far away vacuuming which means it's only the cleaners left in the school.

She goes to the piano and pulls out the sheet music from her bag. She puts the sheets on the stand and plays the notes. She adds some last notes and changes some lyrics. She plays the song and sings, there is something off.

'What is it?' she thinks to herself, it's a solid song, but it doesn't feel right.

"Are you finished in here Niña?" a cleaner asks.

"Yeah, sorry." Aimee says and grabs the papers and rushes out of the hall. She runs out to the car park and drives to the mechanics.

"Hey Ben." She says as she puts on the blue jumpsuit.

"Hey, there should be a motorbike coming in, if I'm not there tell them to wait I just need a minute to fix this." Ben says from the back.

"Ok." Aimee says and starts doing inventory. Soon enough the familiar sound of a motorbike surrounds her and she turns around.

"Hey kitty." Brandon says and he jumps off the bike.

"What is wrong this time?" she asks.

"The back wheel is making a weird sound." He says.

"Ben is just finishing something, he will be out in a minute." She says and carries on counting.

"It shouldn't be too difficult, can't you take a look? I have places to be." He says.

"Where? Behind the strip club in town creating another type of STI?" She asks.

"Nah, its Thursday." He says. "Come on, I will tip generously." He says. She sighs and bends down.

"I see the problem." She says and gets a wrench. She tightens the bolt and stands back up. "See if that is better." She says. Brandon drives a little and smiles.

"Good one kitty." He says.

"Stop calling me that dickface." She spits.

"Aimee, don't use that language in the shop." Ben shouts.

"It's Brandon." She shouts.

"Oh, ok." Ben says and Aimee smirks.

"Whatever." Brandon says and pulls out his wallet. He hands over some notes. "See you later kitty." He says with a wink and he drives off.

'He does tip generously.' She thinks to herself. She puts some of the money in the cash register and the rest in her bag.

"Where's Brandon?" Ben asks.

"Oh, I sorted it, it was just a loose bolt." She says.

"Oh ok, you can take the rest of the day off, there are no more appointments." He says.

"Ok, thanks Ben." She says and takes off the jumpsuit.

She drives home and has a shower to get the smell off of her skin. In the social groups she would be classified as a normal/invisible. No one other than her two friends pay attention to her, then there is Brandon, bad boy, he only notices her since they were English partners last year and he enjoys being a dick.

She sits in her room and opens up her laptop. She pulls out the microphone and pulls up the instrumental music. After doing a little vocal warm up she hits record and starts singing the song.

She listens to the music and smiles. After a little editing she uploads the video to YouTube. This is her little sanctuary. She never shows her face or any identifying things in the video. It's all about her music.

"Aimee, I'm home!" her mum shouts.

"Hey." She shouts and puts everything away. "How was work?" she asks her mum and helps put away the shopping.

"Good, I'm up for a promotion." She says excitedly. After a congratulations they sit together on their little sofa.

"Have you heard this girl sing? Beth showed me at work." Her mum says and hands Aimee the phone.

"No." Aimee lies, it's one of her videos. "She is good." Aimee says.

"Yeah she is, three million subscribers and over two hundred million views all together, I'm surprised she isn't famous." Her mum exclaims.

"Well, she doesn't show her face, maybe she doesn't want to be famous." Aimee says.

"Who doesn't want to be famous?" her mum exclaims and puts her phone away.

"I wouldn't, I'd be terrified." Aimee says and her mum rolls her eyes. "Well, I've got homework." She adds and walks back upstairs.

'Me, famous, no chance.' She thinks and closes her bedroom door.