Mummy issues

Brandon's POV

I love watching her sleep. She is so calm, tranquil, and pure. Her hair is so soft, I love playing with it. Her skin seems different this morning, it has a light haze, like she is glowing. She starts to stir and she opens her eyes, I smile and she rubs her eyes.

"Morning." I say. She looks up at me with her beautiful eyes which seem lighter than usual.

"Morning." She says and stretches, she curls back into a ball and I bite my lip, she is literally perfect.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I start to feel worry.

"Sore." She says and lets out a small laugh. She opens her eyes again and puts her hand on my jaw and runs her thumb over the bone. "But good, amazing even." She says. I kiss her nearby wrist and I sit up.

"I'm making breakfast, what do you want?" I ask as I stand up. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Ice cream." She says. I raise my eyebrows.

"Ok, I'll be back up in a minute." I say and smile as I walk out. This girl is crazy. My girl is crazy.

I scoop out some ice cream into two bowls and I walk back upstairs. I walk into my room and Aimee is standing by my desk.

"Hey." I say. She turns around and smiles.

"Thank you." She says as she takes a bowl and sits back on my bed. She starts eating and I smile.

"You're happy this morning." I say as I eat.

"Of course I am." She says as she shoves a heap of ice cream in her mouth. I can't stop smiling around this girl. My girl.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I ask as I pile ice cream in my mouth.

"Well, my mum is coming back today." She says.

"Oh, yeah I forgot, sorry. I guess I forgot you have to leave." I say and I look down sadly but I contort my face so it is angrier looking, I don't like looking sad.

"Stop, please." Aimee says. I put down my empty bowl.

"Stop what?" I ask as I sit on the bed next to her. Her cold hand goes to my forehead and her fingers smooth out the skin there.

"Don't be angry, I don't like it when you look angry." She says quietly. I kiss her cold lips.

"I'm not angry, I'm sad." I say. She gives me a small smile.

"You quite literally can see me whenever you want." She says.

"It's not the same." I say.

"It's better than not seeing each other at all." She says. The thought of not seeing her at all makes me cringe.

"Come on, you can help me pack." She says as she stands up. She holds out her hand and I take it. We go to her room and start putting things to bags. I sigh. I don't want her to go.

Aimee's POV

I bite my lip and watch him hold onto a few of my clothes.

"You know, I have a feeling I will be visiting you a lot. I think it would be smart to leave some stuff here just in case." I say. I can tell he sees through my ploy but he agrees. As we finish putting my things into bags we have a small pile Brandon will keep, mainly as a keepsake for him. He clears out a drawer and places my things inside it.

"You really do look nice in my clothes." He says, I smile.

"I love being in them." I say and I pull the sleeves down and put the material to my face. He smiles and pulls out a couple things out of his wardrobe.

"I don't wear them enough to miss them too much. Keep them." He says. There are three tops two jumpers and sweatpants. The best thing? They all smell like him.

"I shall cherish them." I say and put them in a bag. We cuddle for a bit then an alarm goes off on my phone.

"My mum will be landing in half an hour." I say and Brandon stops playing with my hair.

"Do you want to go pick her up?" Brandon asks.

"Yeah, it will be a good surprise." I say as I think about the idea.

"Ok, let's get ready." he says.

We get ready in about ten minutes and leave a note for Anne. We drive the big black car from when I was picked up from the hospital to the airport. We park just as my mum texts me that she is waiting for her bags.

We wait and I soon see my mum walk out of customs. I walk over and hug her.

"Aimee? What are you doing here?" she asks.

"I came to surprise you." I say and smile. Her mouth bobs open and shut in shock. "You ok?" I ask. A man I recognise as her boss walks over and wraps his arms around her. My heart drops to my stomach. "What's going on?" I ask.

"Aimee..." she trails off.

"Mum." I ask slightly angry.

"Listen, we just connected on the course." My mum says. The man looks confused.

"What?" he asks.

"Quiet Richard." My mum shouts at him.

"Was there even a course?" I ask.

"Yes, it was just two days long." My mum says. I must look like crap because Brandon comes over.

"Is everything ok?" he asks worriedly.

"Aimee, it's not that bad." My mum says as tears well up in her eyes. I look away as tears force their way through. This can't be happening.

"Aimee?" Brandon asks me quietly.

"You are not my mother." I say and run out. I don't care about anything anymore. I run out of the stuffy airport and I lean on the car. I hold myself up as I take beep breaths. This cannot be happening.

"Aimee, what happened?" Brandon asks. He holds me and I burst into tears. This cannot be happening.

"This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening." I repeat. Brandon rocks me and sits me in the back of the car. He sits with me.

"What happened?" he asks. I look out of the window and calm myself just enough to be able to talk.

"She lied to me." I say. Brandon rubs my arm with his hand which soothes me significantly.

"About what?" he asks.

"The course. It was only two days long. She spent the rest of the time fucking her boss." I say and cry. "Right after I was in hospital!" I shout and I cry into Brandon's chest. I calm myself down and wipe my tears.

I look up at him and give him a small smile. I pull at the skin between his eyebrows.

"You'll get frown lines." I say quietly. His face softens he kisses my forehead.

"Should we go home?" he asks.

"Yeah, let's go home." I say. That's what his place is now. Home.