Chapter 2

(Rinkata's POV)

'They are so weird...' I stood there behind the corner of a building watching four (4) exorcist talking. There was the redhead, a dark haired girl, the old man, and a boy with white hair and a scar.

"I believe we should travel in groups of two," the redhead said.

"Why do you say that, Lavi?" the dark haired girl asked. 'Lavi? What a strange name...'

"Lavi told me that there are secrets tunnels under us and trap doors. We have to be careful," the white haired boy said.

"Don't forget about the cloaked guy that attacked me, Allen. Who knows who he'll go after if we're alone."

Allen said "Oh yeah, I forgot." He laughed "Lenalee and I will look together and Bookman and you can look as well."

Lavi sighed . "Fine, let's go you old geezer." Bookman kicked him.

"You disrespectful brat! Who you calling a geezer?"

As I watched from afar, I giggled at their antics. When I looked back up, I made I contact with Bookman. 'How did he...?' He must have supper hearing!' I moved farther behind the wall and proceeded to make my way to the roof tops again. When I got up there, the exorcist split into their groups and walked away. Allen and Lenalee going one way and Lavi and Bookman the direction that Bookman seen me in.

I stayed on the roofs and walked along side them. They eventually came to a fork in the road. They looked like they were arguing about which direction to go in.

"If we split up, we can cover more ground! And I won't fall for the same trick twice!" Lavi yelled.

"You were the first one to fall into the trap carelessly, and what if he decides to go after you again?" Bookman countered, not as loud.

Lavi stood there for a moment and walked towards the left side of the fork while Bookman followed. Bookman glanced at me for a moment then continued walking. 'How does he know I'm following them?' Good thing I had my cloak on still. Since the old man knows I'm following them, I decided to climb down and stay in the shadows. As I continued to follow them, an Akuma came up behind me and almost hit me, causing me to move out of my hiding place.

It was an ugly thing, maybe a level two? "Die~" Yep, level two. I activated my gun and shoot at the Akuma, but it dodged. I changed my weapon to a sword and was about to go after it, but a hammer smashed it before I even took a step. I looked at Lavi.

"Are you following us? Or are you just passing by?" he asked, smiling. I can tell it wasn't a friendly smile, though.

I turned and was about to run off but Bookman appeared in front of me. "Is there a reason you've been following Lavi?" I took a step back then Lavi grabbed my wrist. I tried to pull away but to no avail.

"What are you talking about, gramps? Why would he follow just me?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out, Lavi." I stomped on Lavi's foot and took off. I glanced back to see if they followed but they were not.

I turned into an alley and opened a door to the underground tunnels. I made my way to the other side of the tunnel and walked out an other door. When I came out of that alley, I noticed Lenalee and Allen. 'Damn it.'

I was going to go back underground but an Akuma was behind me. Damn it, what's with all these Akumas?' I ran out of the alley so I had room to fight. This Akuma I took down with one shoot. Bad thing is that I got the attention of the two exorcists.

"Hey, you there! Are you okay?" Lenalee asked. Allen was still running over. I nodded my head and was about to walk away but Lenalee stopped me. "You're compatible with innocence!" she said loudly.