Chapter 8

(LAVI'S POV)

We arrived at our destination, Wildeash. When we did, I could see Rinkata stiff as a board and before I could say anything to calm her nerves, she took off. "Rin! Slow down!" I called after her.

She slowed down but continued to run and ran into an ally. She opened a door to the underground tunnels and we went in. It was so dark we could barely see anything. Some noise could be heard and then a light from a lantern is seen with Rinkata looking at us.

"Rin, are you okay?" I asked. She looked at me with worry. I knew exactly what she was worried about. "They're okay, Rin," I said in a soft voice, "I know that they are." She nodded but still looked worried.

We walked down a tunnel, Rinkata walking briskly in front, leading the way. She finally stopped and turned right to open a door that I did not see at first. I could hear the breath she was holding when the door opened was released with relief. I looked around the door and seen the kids asleep peacefully. As we walked in, Rinkata tensed again.

"Wh... Where's Saanka?" she asked one of the young teens that were up watching the little ones.

"I don't know, Rin. She said she was going to take a look outside because of all the noise." Rin looked at the boy for a moment then began to leave the room. I touched her shoulder gently before she did.

"It's okay," I whispered. I smiled to ease her nerves and it seemed to work a tiny bit. She nodded her head but still went out to look for Saanka.

I started to follow but Bookman stopped me. "I'll stay here." I nodded and went to catch up with Rinkata.

(RINKATA)

I slowly came out of the tunnels and glanced around. When I decided that there were no Akuma, I climbed out and began searching for her.

'Saanka, where are you?' I thought to myself. As I continued walking, I was shoved from behind and then heard a sound as if something was just destroyed. I glanced up to see an Akuma exploding. After Lavi destroyed it, he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up.

"I get it that you're worried about Saanka but you need to pay attention before you get YOURSELF killed, damn it!" he yelled at me. I looked at him in shock that he had actually yelled at me. He must have noticed because he quickly let me go and said, "Sorry.... I just don't want you to get hurt. I told you she'll be okay didn't I?"

I nodded my head and looked down. I sighed and started searching again, this time paying attention to my surroundings.

It was a while longer of searching and killing Akuma and there was still no sign of her. We decided to go back into the tunnels, but the moment I opened a door I heard groaning.

I activated my weapon and slowly went in with Lavi doing the same. I turned down a nearby hall and was shocked at the sight. "Saanka!" She was on the floor with a huge cute in her leg. "What happened?"

"Rin? Rin! When did you get here?" she asked while trying to keep her leg from bleeding too much.

"Earlier, now tell me what happened to your leg."

"Well... I was outside looking around and suddenly one of those Akuma came out of no where. I ran but before I got in the tunnels, I fell on something and my leg got cut really bad." I signed in relief that she was ok.

I looked down the tunnels. I believed there was a door a little ways down. "Lavi, stay right here while I go find a first aid kit." He nodded and I went.

(LAVI'S POV)

I watched as Rinkata ran down the hall. I glanced at Saanka and she stared at me with a knowing look. "What?"