Chapter 7

(RINKATA'S POV)

"Open it," Lavi said.

I did open the box and... "Nothing's in it." His eye widened.

"No way!" He grabbed the box and looked in it. Nothing. "But there was something... where did it go?" I watched him as he thought about whatever it was that was in the box. He turned to Bookman. "Did you take it out before you handed it to me?"

Bookman turned his head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You did take it you old panda! Give it back," Lavi said, getting really upset.

"Why don't you calm down Lavi," I said, "maybe Bookman didn't take it, you just misplaced it." They both looked at me. "And besides that, you two are causing a scene," I sighed.

"I-" Lavi started but I stopped him.

"It was nice of you to get me something though," I smiled, "Lenalee, are you ready to go?" I looked at her.

"Yes, let's go," she said.

"Where are you two going?" Allen and Lavi asked.

"We're going shopping. Rin and I are going to have some girl time." Then we walked out.

(LAVI'S POV)

I watched as the two of them walked out of the cafeteria. "Alright you old panda, what did you do with the necklace?" I snapped.

"I don't know what you're talking about, brat."

I was starting to get pissed off but someone walked in saying, "Is this anyone's necklace?" I turned to see a Finder holding the necklace I bought.

I ran over to him and said, "Where did you find it?"

"It was on the floor just outside the cafeteria. Is it yours?"

"Yes, I bought for someone but I guess I dropped it." I looked over at the old panda but he wouldn't look at me. "Thank you."

I walked back over Bookman and held the necklace up, "Did you take it out?"

He looked at me, "We need to talk in private Lavi." I walked with him outside the cafeteria.

"You are a Bookman's apprentice, you should not be showing others your true feelings."

"I don't care," I snapped.

He sighed. "Lavi, how do you feel about her?"

"What do you mean?" I was confused about his question.

"I mean do you think you love her or do you really love her?"

I thought for a moment. "I... I don't know how to tell the difference..." I said, a little sad.

"Save the necklace, next time you two go on a mission I will come to see for myself."

I just stared at him. "Fine."

~~~~~~~~~NEXT DAY~~~~~~~~~

I was walking towards Rin's room after Komui had sent for us to meet him in his office. I stopped in front of her door. Knock Knock

I heard shuffling like she was just getting out of bed when it was already 9:55 in the morning. She opened the door while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"What is it?" she yawned.

"Komui said we have to go to his office for a mission."

"Give me a minute to change," she yawned again.

I stood there for five minutes, not hearing anything. I slightly opened her door to see her sleeping again. I sighed and walked over to the bed. I looked at the table by the bed and there was a glass of water. I picked it up and dumped it on her....

~~~~~~~~~MOMENTS LATER~~~~~~~~~

We were making our way to Komui's office, I was rubbing my cheek while Rinkata was grumbling about me pouring water on her.

I sighed and said, "Will you stop already? I already apologized a hundred times and it's done and over with."

She looked at me like she was going to hit me again and I stepped away from her. "Shut up."

We continued in silence. We walked into the office and Bookman was standing by Komui's desk.

"You have to go back to Wildeash. There have been Akuma sightings." In the corner of my eye, I noticed Rinkata tense up.

Komui told us the rest of the mission and Rinkata walked out of the room fast, Bookman and I had to catch up.

"Hey, slow down will you?" I said while grabbing her arm. She yanked it free and looked down at the ground. She had a worried face. "We'll get there, you have to think about the old Panda-" I wasn't able to finish the thought because the panda kicked me.

"Continue at whatever pace is good for you Ms. Mamizu." She looked at him and started to walk at a slower pace.

We walked in silence to the station, got on the train, and traveled a while in silence. I had enough of Rinkata's worried face... so I decided to try making her smile.

"What to hear a joke?" She glanced up at me. "Um... Knock knock."

She sighed, "Who's there?"

"Old lady."

"Old Lady who?"

"I didn't know you could yodel!" I said. She sighed but I noticed that her frown was now a smile. I felt a little better now that she was a little happier. "What did you and Lenalee do yesterday when you went out?"

She looked at me, "We shopped and talked."

"Did you buy anything in particular?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

She looked at me for a minute then she reached for her bag and pulled a stuffed animal out. It was a red rabbit with an eye patch over one of it's eyes. "I hate stuffed animals but I thought this rabbit was too cute to not buy. His name is Scamper the Pirate Bunny." She turned it towards herself and smiled while looking down at it. She looked to be deep in thought for a moment then looked up and said, "We got ice cream and chatted about a bunch of things. Her brother, favorite interest, dislikes, crushes-"

"Really? Who do you like, Rin?" I asked, eye wide with joy in hope for her answer.

She looked wide eyed back at me and turned away. "N-No one," she stumbled. Obvious lie.

I pouted, knowing I wasn't going to get an answer. I looked at her and noticed something was different. "Did you two go clothes shopping?"

"Yea, why?" she looked at me.

"Did you buy new bras 'cause-" I was unable to finish because she stood up and pinched me cheek.

"Don't go looking at my boobs you pervert!" she yelled, pulled on my cheek as her face flushed. "I'm going to go take a walk..."

"W-Wait a minute R-" and then she walked out the door. I sighed.

"Good job you idiotic brat," the old geezer said.

"Shut up, panda," I said while rubbing my face. "Ow!" and now the old geezer just kicked me.

Please let me know your thoughts and don't forget to vote!