Chapter 5

(Rinkata's POV)

"Ki..." Lavi moved closer.

I closed my eyes tight and turned my face away. I used my free hand and pushed against his chest. "W-What Are you doing? L-Let go!"

"I'll let go..." I opened one eye and looked at him, "if you tell me your name."

"Ow!" I stomped as hard as I could on his foot.

"Jerk!" I yelled, my face flushed. "You wanna know? It's Rinkata Mamizu." I looked away from him.

"Hey, what's the matter?-"

"Just... leave me alone." I started walking away. "Come on, let's find that innocence..."

(Lavi's POV)

I really wanted to know her name but she just won't tell. If I hadn't been standing, then...

I thought of the train incident. I really wanted to close the gap that was between us but I didn't. I was scared that if I did she wouldn't feel the same.

And what's worse is that if she did feel the same, being a bookman's apprentice means that I wouldn't be able to anyway.

When the train stopped, she was the first one off. I stepped out and seen Ki breathing slowly. Then, as we got closer to her, she said "Stop it!"

Allen asked her who was she talking to and she muttered about it being nothing. I took notice of her body becoming stiff when Lenalee mentioned about splitting into groups.

Before we started our search, I stopped her and asked if something was wrong. And even though I hadn't known her long, I could tell something was off.

As we searched, I noticed she kept shaking her head. I grabbed her and pulled her closer to me. My intention was to talk to her but at that exact moment I pulled her an Akuma tried to attack her. I destroyed it quickly.

She was going to walk away but I grabbed her again. "Why won't you tell me your name?"

She turned her face away, but I seen the smirk that came across her face. "Because I know you want to know and I love that it annoys you." I pouted. Then a plan came to my mind.

'Maybe...' I pulled her closer to me and placed my other hand on her side to make sure she didn't run. I figured if I freaked her out then she'll tel me her name.

She seemed to struggle to get free but she didn't do much. "Ki..." I said in a whispered voice. She closed her eyes and turned away from me.

"W-What are you doing? L-Let go!"

"I'll let go...if you tell me your name." Suddenly pain shoot throughout my foot. "Ow!"

"Jerk! You wanna know? It's Rinkata Mamizu." I glanced at her after she told me her name.

"Hey, what's the matter?-" I started to ask but she spoke.

"Just... leave me alone." She walked away. "Come on, let's find that innocence..."

I watched her walk away and I just stood there wondering if I went to far. I really messed up this time, didn't I?...

"H-Hey! Wait a minute Rinkata!" She whipped around and pointed her gun. I ducked and she shoot at an Akuma. Then she continued to walk. I breathed out.

I grabbed a hold of her hand and she yanked it away and pulled out her knife. "Don't. Touch. Me." She grounded out. I raised my hands in defense.

"I am just trying to apologize. I was just playing..."

"Just forget about it." She looked around. "Maybe we should check the middle of town."

"Okay..." I followed her and we continued in silence.

Once we reached the middle of town, we ran into Lenalee and Allen. "Hey Lenalee!" Rinkata said, finally putting a smile on her face.

"Hey Ki-"

"Lavi knows my name," she said boredly.

Lenalee looked at me then back at Rinkata. "Why are you two here?"

"We were walking and I was thinking that if we fanned out from the middle maybe we'd find it."

"I was thinking the same thing too!" Lenalee said with a smile.

"Okay so me and you will go that way." Rinkata was already walking away, dragging Lenalee with her. Lenalee looked confused but followed anyway.

"What was that about?" Allen asked.

I sighed. "Come on... I'll tell you as we search."

After I told Allen what happened, he seemed to be thinking.

"I think I messed up..." I mumbled.

"I agree. Do you like Rinkata?"

I blinked. "I... what?"

"Do you like her, like... LIKE like her?"

I looked away from him. "I don't know... I... I think I do..."

"Well... you should go apologize and tell her that you do."

"I already tried to apologize but she wouldn't listen. I don't know what to do..."

"Well, make her listen. She-" Allen stopped in his tracks. "2 Akuma up ahead."

We readied our innocence. We attacked. "Little hammer, big hammer. Grow grow GROW!" I took down 1 while Allen took care of the other. I looked at the sky and noticed how dark it was getting. "We should find someplace to sleep for the night." Allen nodded his head.

The next morning we resumed our search. "Where the hell is this innocence?" I asked in annoyance.

"We just got to keep looking," Allen said. Someone with red hair ran in front of us just then and her blue eyes looked at us.

"Did you happen too see a black cat run through here?" Rinkata asked.

"No, why?" Allen asked.

"Um... it may or may not have eaten Timcanpy..." she said while rubbing the back of her head sheepishly.

"Timcanpy went with you two? No wonder I couldn't find him," Allen said.

"Yeah, well, a cat has him now." A black streak ran past us. "There it is! Get back here!" she took off. Lenalee came out of no where and caught the creature and pulled Timcanpy out of its mouth. "You are a lot of trouble, huh Timcanpy?" she said, petting the golden golem and smiling.

"Hey, uh, Rin?" She looked at me with no emotion.

"It's Rinkata. You wanted to know my name so bad, don't be using nicknames."

I looked down. "Can we... can we talk?"

She sighed. "There is nothing to talk about."

"Yes there is!" I walked over to her and grabbed her arm gently. Then, without thinking, I pulled her closer and kissed her. I pulled away after a moment and said, "I didn't mean to hurt you... I was.. I don't know... I just wanted to know your name so bad and then I remembered you kept blushing every time I looked at you. I thought that if I did that then you would tell me..." I said.

She just stared wide eyed at me. We stood like that for a moment, then she pulled away. She turned her attention towards the surrounding area, looking for more Akuma. Her eyes widened and she pointed at it, saying, "What's that light?" The rest of us looked up. There was light shining from beyond the buildings.

We all started to run toward it but before we found where it was coming from, it vanished. We continued in the direction it was.

When we came to a stop, the only thing that we found was a statue.

Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think with comments and votes!