Chapter 3

(Rinkata's POV)

"You should come to the Black Order with us," Lavi said.

I don't like being told what to do. "No."

Lavi blinked his eye and asked "Why not?" with a little bit of attitude.

"I don't have to answer you." I turned and walked away with Saanka following.

"But you'll be a big help if you join us!" Lavi followed and grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go, idiot" I hissed. He just stared at me like I was crazy.

"I'm not an idiot! Just tell us why you won't join!" he said annoyed.

"Like I said, I don't have to answer to any of you. Especially an idiot rabbit boy!" I snapped.

He looked taken aback by the outburst. I felt a tug on my hand. I looked at Saanka.

She was smiling. It was a very creepy smile.

"Why are you smiling like that? It's creepy."

"If the only reason why you're staying is because of me and the others, just go because we'll be fine." She smiled a sweet smile this time.

I looked at her for a moment then looked at the exorcist, my gaze landing on Lavi last. We stared for another moment then I pulled my hand from his grip and crossed my arms. "Like hell I'm joining."

"Can you tell us why, please?" I looked over at Lenalee who asked the question.

I sighed. "Because I just don't want to..." I said.

"It's because we're her family." They all looked at Saanka. "She doesn't want to go because she won't be able to protect us." She leaned closer to me and whispered "And has a crush she doesn't want to admit."

My eyes widened and I looked away. "Not true!" I said. I glanced out the corner of my eye at all of them. Finally I sighed. "I have one condition before I make a decision."

"What is it?" Allen and Lavi said at the same time. Allen just looked at Lavi because he said it really excitedly.

"I can come visit my family whenever I want to."

Lenalee said, "It's not allowed but I'm sure you can sneak away sometimes." She smiled.

"Fine," I sighed. After I spoke, several of the others came out of their hiding spots and ran over to me.

"We'll miss you!"

"You better come visit us!"

"I will," I said, laughing. I looked up at the exorcists. "Okay, I'm ready."

The exorcists smiled and started to walk. I followed them, but not without looking back to say goodbye one more time.

"Did you guys get the innocence?" a finder waiting outside the town said.

"Yep and she's right here" exclaimed Allen. "Let's hurry back to the Order so I can eat."

I laughed while the others sweat dropped.

- On to the Black Order -

After awhile of traveling, they realized they didn't get my name.

"Oi! What's your name anyway?" Lavi asked.

"'What's my name anyway?'" I said with a fake pout. "Sounds like you don't really want to know it." I turned away with a smile sneaking onto my face. Lavi had a face of surprise and confusion.