Chapter 4: Margaritas are for Pussies

I'm now off from working at the Pokémart. My job is to stock shelves with the pokeballs or potions. I couldn't stop thinking about Silver the entire time. I told him that I didn't want to be associated with a criminal and then he asks me to have a drink right after. I am curious as to what his job is, maybe I could get him drunk enough to tell me. It has to be good if he's stealing college equipment.

I entered my apartment at around nine, I'm exhausted, but I'm going to the bar. Luckily for me it's a fifteen minute walk away. As I was changing my clothes, I turned on the news.
"Breaking news! Celadon University's science building has been robbed again! This afternoon, five thousand dollars worth of equipment has been taken!"
He stole five thousand dollars worth of microscopes?! I'm definitely gonna get him talk tonight!
"A security camera has picked up a boy in the building after classes." I saw a video of me walking towards the room that Silver was in.
"What the hell!" I shouted. "Am I a suspect?!"
"It is unknown who the boy is since the video is in bad quality, but police will put on an investigation next week at the college."
I sighed in relief. The last thing I need right now is the cops asking me a bunch of questions. Besides, how do they get me on video and not Silver?! Where are the other cameras?

At around nine forty five, I entered the bar. It was somewhat empty, but there were people eating and watching the sports games. I turned my head over to the bar and saw someone with long red hair, that has to be him. I walked over to Silver and thought about what I was gonna say. Should I say he looks nice? That's kind of creepy, and I'll probably stutter the whole time.

"Hey Silver." I said while taking the stool next to him.
"About time you came." He said.
"Hey, I said that I might come! I didn't promise anything."
"Yeah yeah." Silver brushed off while drinking his liquor.
"Why are you here by yourself?"
"I was waiting for you." I felt myself blush.
"You didn't have to do that, I told you that I had to work."
"I didn't know when you got off, so I stayed here all night." I turned my head to the tv so that Silver couldn't see me smile. Why does this criminal make me happy?
"Did you watch the news?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Yup, now I don't have to worry about my business at the school."
"They think that I'm the one stealing all of that nerd stuff!"
"It's perfect. You look different than me so I will get away with it." He said.
"What if I get arrested?!"
"The cameras are too grainy, they won't know who exactly it is. Besides, the camera will be gone soon."
"Have you been the one stealing them?!" I asked. Silver gave me a smile and raised his eyebrows. I'm honestly impressed that he's not been caught by anyone of authority.
"You sneaky bastard." I said.

A bartender came up to me and I ordered a margarita.
"That drink is for pussies." Silver said while drinking his scotch.
"No it's not!"
"Only girls drink those."
"At least mine tastes better than your's!" I defended. Silver shrugged and nodded a little.

Silver and I continued to drink and watched a showcase that was on tv. I might have gotten distracted from my initial plan due to the alcohol. Before I knew it, Silver was too drunk to get home on his own.

"Come on Silver, lets, let's get you h-home." I said while struggling to get him off of the stool.
"You're funny Gold." He said while laughing. I got him off of the chair and dragged him towards my house.
"Are we going, uh home." Silver asked while blinking his eyes, he seemed to not know what was going on.
"Yep!"

Silver and I stumbled into my apartment while laughing the entire time.
"This, this doesn't look like home." Silver said while collapsing onto the chair.
"It is home!"
"This chair is sooooo comfortable!" He said while snuggling his face into the cushion.
"The bed is way better than that!" I said while tossing my coat onto the floor.
"Then what are we waiting for?!" Silver said while trying to get up from the chair.

We walked to my messy bedroom and crashed into bed.
"Turn on the tv!" Silver said while getting under the blankets.
"Look, its the cooking show!" I said while blindly flipping through the channels.
"I loveeee the cooking show!" Silver said.
"I could watch, watch this allll night long."
"Then let's watch it all night long!"
After Silver said that, I fell straight into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I felt like hell. I groaned as I sat up in bed.
"What the?" I said while noticing two arms around my waist. Oh shit, Silver.
"Silver! What are you doing!" I said as I felt my face heat up.
"Wha-what?" He said while suddenly being forced awake.
"What did we do last night!?" I shouted.
"I don't know."
"Our clothes are still on, and I don't feel any soreness from down there, I guess we're good."
"I guess so." Silver said while stretching his arms.
"I have work in an hour." I said while getting out of bed.
"I need to get going, I don't want to make anyone worried."
"Why would anyone be worried?"
"None of your business." He answered. He said the same thing yesterday when I asked him what his job is. Oh pineapples! I forgot to ask him!
"What do you do for living?" I asked, hoping that he would at least give me a vague answer.
"I'm still not telling you." He said while ruffling my hair. Shit.
"Well, I'll see you around, oh, give me your number so we can hang out again." Silver said. My face flushed.
"Give me your phone." He handed me his phone and I added my phone number to his contact list. 
"Thanks Gold, I'll see you around then." He said while leaving my apartment.
"Bye!"

I vaguely remember what happened last night. I remember drinking with Silver and our conversation from before I started drinking. I also remember something about a cooking show. I went to go change into my work uniform when I heard my phone buzz.

"I had a great time with you last night <3."
It's Silver! He's only been gone for five minutes and he's already texted me! I felt my heart beat faster, and I was smiling like an idiot.
"I did too!"