Chapter 8: Horrible Trick

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked with a scowl. She has no business in my house. I'm really sick of her barging into my house whenever she pleases. I'm also mad that Mom gave her a key to my house. I need to change the locks.
"I'm cooking dinner for us!" She said while stirring a bowl full of mashed potatoes.
"I didn't say you could come over." I said while setting my coat on the coat rack.
"I'm your girlfriend, I can come over when I want to see you."
"You're not my girlfriend." I said as I stomped towards the bathroom.

I can't believe this. Why are the women in my life insane?! My mother is a terrible person and won't accept me for who I am and Blue has been brainwashed by her ignorance. What did I do to deserve this? I looked at myself in the mirror. My face is beet red with anger. Oh shoot. I forgot to tell Green that I made it home.

"Hey, I made it home."
"That's great!"

I left the bathroom to go to my bedroom. I really don't want to see this insane woman. I can't kick her out since she has a key and would refuse to leave anyway.

"Where do you think you're going?" Blue asked while walking out of the kitchen.
"Um to my room?"
"You are going to sit down and eat this steak dinner that I cooked for you." She said sternly.
"No I'm not."
"Red!" She yelled. I need to leave before I get too furious.
"I don't need this. I'm leaving." I said as I stomped to get my coat.
"You can't just leave me here!" She yelled while walking towards me. I put on my coat and shoved my phone into my coat pocket.
"What the hell?" I said. As I was putting my phone into my pocket, I felt something in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was a box.
"Oh my god!" Blue said. I opened the box and saw an engagement ring resting in it.
"Oh my god oh my god oh my god yes! Yes! Yes I will marry you!" Blue shouted as she latched herself onto me. Oh no oh no no no. I cannot marry this nut bag! How did this even get in my pocket!?
"No no, I'm not proposing." I said while trying to push her off of me.
"I'm so glad you've finally proposed! I have to get our wedding planned! I need to find a dress and ask Yellow to be my maid of honor and find a wedding planner and tell your mom!" She explained while gathering her stuff. For the love of god don't tell my mom!
"Blue no!"
"I have to get this sorted out! I love you Red!" She said while closing the front door.
"Blue!" But it was too late. She was already gone and I am now engaged.

How did the ring even get in my coat pocket? Did Green put it there? No, we just met, he wouldn't do that. It had to have been Blue! She's the only person that I saw today. When did she do it? She was in the kitchen. Oh shit, it was when I was in the bathroom! Was this whole thing planned?! Did she start an argument with me knowing that I would get mad and leave and feel the ring?! She's an evil woman!

I wanted to scream. She was probably told this plan by Mom! How could they be so selfish and force me to marry her! I need to talk to someone about this!

I opened the front door and peaked to see if Brendan is home. His car is in the driveway, hopefully he will answer the door. I walked up to his front door and knocked. After waiting for about twenty seconds, he answered.

"Hey Red! What's up?" He asked while ushering me in.
"I need to rant to you." I said calmly as I entered his house.
"I'm here to listen." He said while sitting down in a recliner.
"Is May home?" I asked. I don't want to bother her with my drama.
"No, she's in Hoenn."
"Alright, then I won't have to worry about her."

"So, you know how I'm gay right?" I started. I'm pretty sure that he knows. I feel like I remember telling him.
"Yeah, you told me at a cookout a few years ago." He said. That's right!
"Well, my mom won't accept that I like men and has been trying to force me to marry a girl I've known since I was a child."
"Is it Blue?" He asked.
"Yeah, she won't leave me alone!"
"She comes by every once in awhile to ask about you. It's a little creepy honestly. She asked for your office hours." He explained. What the hell?!
"Why didn't you tell me!?"
"I thought that she forgot your hours something, sorry dude." He said with his hands up.
"It's fine, it's not your fault. It's just they've been acting crazy for weeks. Blue now thinks that I'm her boyfriend and Mom has been telling me to propose to her."
"Well there's no way that you would do something like that, so there's no need to worry about marrying her." Brendan said with a smile. I shot him a blank face.
"Oh but you're wrong, ten minutes ago, I was literally tricked into proposing." I said with a scowl. Brendan's eyes widened.
"Oh shit, how the hell did they do that?!"
"Blue planted a ring in my coat pocket and when I took it out to see what it was, she thought I was proposing! I tried to tell her that I wasn't and she ran out and wouldn't listen!" I yelled.
"That's so fucked up!" He said.
"I don't know what I'm gonna do. She most likely has already told Mom and she will force me to marry her."
"Just tell your mom no." Brendan suggested.
"I have told her no before, but she will cry and act like I'm the bad guy! I don't want to see her upset since she's my mom!"
"Your mom is a piece of shit! Just put your foot down!"
"I want to, but a part of me can't." I said with my head down.
"Well, I don't know what to tell you since you won't step up for yourself, I'll be happy to help you in some other way."
"Thanks Brendan." I said with a smile.
"Are you seeing anyone right now?" He asked.
"Well, I've been hanging out with this one guy and I like him a lot." I explained.
"Have you told him what Blue did?"
"N-no, we aren't a "thing" yet."
"Well, if it gets any more serious, you need to tell him."
"I will, thanks for listening. I'll get going so I'm not a problem to you." I said while standing up.
"I don't mind listening Red, I'm your friend!" He said with a smile.
"Thanks Brendan, goodnight." I said while leaving his house.
"Good night!"