Chapter 22: Trouble

I jumped up. What the hell am I supposed to do?! Silver might be in a bunch of trouble! Blue said that it was their dad on the tv, and then said that he has to be with him, so is he in police custody? I walked into the living room to truly see what was going on. On the tv was an officer arresting a huge man with black hair and a black suit. It turns out that he's also the boss for Team Rocket. So that's Silver's dad, I didn't know that Silver was that involved with Team Rocket.

I felt my heart sink when I saw a guy with red hair in the back ground of the tv. It can't be Silver, there's no way. He's too good at his job to get caught! The camera panned out and I could clearly see Silver's face. He was wearing a purplish uniform and had a scowl on his face. I felt like crying, but crying won't resolve this problem! I've got to do something!

I turned off the tv and stomped to grab my coat. I've got to get to Silver! I slammed the door shut and marched down the stairs. I frowned when I realized that the busses aren't running this late. There's no way that I could wait until tomorrow to see him!

I swiftly stomped down each stair and was so caught up in my angry thoughts that I didn't even realize that I bumped into Brendan.

"Hey man! I haven't seen you in awhile!" He said while hugging me.
"Hey Brendan. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Oh um, I'm here to meet up with someone." I didn't know that Brendan knew anyone else in the building besides me.
"That's cool, sorry but I have to get to Saffron, text me sometime!"
"Bye Gold!" He shouted as I was running down the stairs.

I reached the parking lot and decided that the only way that I could get to Saffron in time was to steal a car. I tried to open the car door on multiple cars, but had no luck. At the end of the parking lot, was a beige Honda Civic, the door opened and the keys were inside. Perfect! Some idiot left his car for me! I hopped in and drove off like a manic. I don't even feel bad for stealing this car to be honest.

It took me around fifteen minutes to get to down town Saffron. It's the biggest city in the Kanto region, and the Silph Building is also the biggest building in Saffron. I zoomed into the parking lot of a near by restaurant since the entire Silph Co. was blocked off by police. I bolted out of the car and ran as fast as I could to find Silver.

It was a mile run just to get to the parking lot. I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done running. The entire area was fucking surrounded, like even more than I thought. The FBI, CIA, SWAT, and even more were here! I knew that Team Rocket did terrible things, but I didn't know that it was this bad.

I walked along the perimeter of the police tape until I could spot the familiar red head. The first time around, I didn't see anyone with red hair. I walked around it a second time, and still didn't see him. I've got to get in there. I scoped the area for an open slot for me to bolt through to effectively search for Silver. I'll never be able to see him from such a far distance.

I circled the police tape one more time until I saw my chance. On the left side of the building, there weren't any police or other government operations. I snuck under the tape and pulled my hood over my head. I stayed along side the walls of the building so that I wouldn't be spotted. When I got to the edge of the building, I could see the front of the huge crowd of people. In the front was a woman with brown hair and a tan coat. She looks just like Blue! It's gotta be her! She didn't move or have any facial expressions. She also had on her hood and had her hands in her pockets. I could see her staring at me. Does she recognize me? I then saw her move her fingers to her mouth and whistled. A police officer ran over towards her and I could see her exchange a few words with him. I saw her head glance over towards mine, and I could feel my stomach fall to the pit of my stomach. She had to have told him about me! I bolted off into a run and ran to the back of the building. I kept running and running until I heard barking behind me. I quickly glanced over my shoulders and saw a Growlithe chasing after me.

"Oh shit!" I yelled out.
"Stop!!" I heard loud voice behind me.

I kept running until my legs gave out, and then I found myself tackled by the dog like Pokémon.

"Freeze! You are trespassing sir!" The officer yelled.
"I have to find Silver!" I shouted while trying to get the Growlithe off of me. The officer sighed and returned it.
"Look kid, you can't be here. And with all of the shit happening right now, I don't want to arrest you. How about you go on home and we'll forget all about this?" He suggested.
I stayed quiet and frowned while standing up. I walked off without even facing him. I've still got to find Silver!

I walked over towards the huge crowd in the front and made my way into the middle of it. I shouldn't be detected right here, and I don't even see that cop. I don't see Blue either. She's a total bitch for ratting me out like that!

I waited for maybe fifteen minutes until I saw a police officer dragging Silver out of the Silph Co. building and taking him towards a squad car.

"Silver!" I shouted while jumping. He didn't see me.
"Silver!" I shouted again while making my way to the front of the crowd. He still didn't hear me.
"SILVER!!!" I screamed. He turned his head and faced me.
"Gold?!" He yelled back.
"Silver!!" I ducked under the police tape and ran towards him.
"Stop it kid! I told you to go home!" The same officer said while restraining me back.
"I have to see Silver!" I yelled while trying to get away.
"Go home kid!" He yelled as he shoved me back into the crowd.
"No!!" I yelled as I bolted back into the direction where Silver was. The cop grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me back, again. This guy is seriously pissing me off!
"Don't touch me!" I yelled. And then I did it. I punched the officer as hard as I could in the face. The officer stumbled back and fell to the ground. I heard a few screams from the crowd which alerted the other officers. Oh shit. Two of them started running after me. I started to run away, but was slammed to the ground and pepper sprayed.
"AGGHH!!! Get away from me!" I screamed as I rubbed my eyes.
"You are under arrest asshole!!"