Chapter 20: Mission Impossible

A week had passed and Brendan and I have been sneaking around to see each other. May has been really clingy and has dragged Brendan to every event going on in Celadon. I've only seen him twice this week. I visited the hospital and ate lunch with him and I went to his house to "study." I haven't touched him at all and it's kind of killing me. I've never been too into the whole sex thing, but now that I haven't had any contact with him, I'm kind of desperate.

Brendan is staying the night at my place so we can have some time together. He told May that he was getting off work late and was going to help me with my studies late tonight. She bought it, and he will be arriving at nine. I don't have anything going on today, so I don't really know what to do.

I climbed out of bed and did my morning routine. Maybe I should clean up my apartment to make a good impression on him? Clean the sheets for later activities? That sounds good.

I slipped on some clothes and started to clean the apartment. I'm not a messy person and don't let the place get dusty due to my illness. I did basic cleaning things that I would usually do. Maybe I should go to the grocery store and cook for Brendan? But he would have already eaten since it will be late when he gets here. Maybe I'll just rent a movie. We never got to watch the movie that we rented the other night.

I just got back from Blockbuster and rented Ponyta. I'm having second thoughts about watching this with him since it's a child's movie. It might not put him in the mood.

At around seven, Brendan sent me a text.
"Hey Wally! I need you to do me a huge favor. I need you to go to my house and get me the duffle bag that is on the chair in my bedroom. My clothes are in it for tomorrow." He wants me to go to his house alone! What if May is there?!
"What about May?"
"She's staying the night with a friend of hers. She won't be there." I sighed in relief. The last thing I need now is to be alone with May.
"Okay, I'll get it."
"Thanks babe!"

I got up from the couch and left my apartment. I really wished that I had a car right now. I have to take the bus to get to his house. It sucks that he lives across town.

After the boring and lonely road trip, I walked down the street to where Brendan lives. It's about a five minute walk to get to his driveway, but it's not a big deal to me. I enjoy walking alone sometimes.

I made it to his house and took the spare key out of my coat pocket. Brendan gave it to me last month in case of emergencies. I glanced over to Red's house and saw that his car was gone and all of the lights were out. I wonder how many times he and Brendan have hung out at each other's houses. I bet it would be nice to live right next door to him.

I walked up the porch and turned the door knob. To my surprise, the door opened. I rolled my eyes. That idiot must have forgotten to lock the door. I walked in and saw that the lights were on as well. Wow, Brendan really sucks about this kind of stuff. He's just wasting electricity. I looked around and saw dishes in the sink. I have a strange feeling in my gut that I'm not supposed to be here night now. I stood still and took in my surroundings. I could faintly hear giggling. I froze where I was standing. Brendan said that no one would be here? Is he getting robbed?! I felt chills shoot down my spine. I need to get out of here! But my feet won't move, I'm gonna die because my body won't move! I felt my heart stop when I heard creaking coming from the bedroom, which was followed by some footsteps. Oh no! I really need to get moving! I used all of my confidence to pick up my feet and hide in the coat closet. I quietly crouched down. I didn't shut the door so that there wouldn't be any noise at all. I heard the footsteps grow louder, and they stopped in the kitchen. I pressed my face up against the crack and saw a man with green hair standing in the kitchen. He was shirtless and was only wearing blue jeans. The man picked up what seems like a pack of cigarettes and walked outside to the porch. Jesus Christ! That guy could easily pound me! I let out a deep breath when I realized I was now safe and that he was gone. I silently crept out of the closet and tip toed towards the bedroom. The light was on and I could hear even more movement! My heart sank once again when I saw May wearing a silk night gown. I panicked and swiftly sprinted into the office. I hid behind the door, praying that May didn't see me.
"Drew?" She called out. I could hear May's footsteps stop at the threshold of the office, but to my relief, she didn't come in. I heard her footsteps fade away towards the living room. I heard the tv switch on after. Why the hell is May here?! Brendan said that she'd be staying the night with a friend of her's!! I guess the house wasn't even getting robbed in the first place. So who was this guy that's out smoking right now? I didn't expect her friend to be male. Maybe their plans had changed and they ended up here instead of his house. I have no idea, and I don't care. I need to focus on getting this bag!

I silently crept out of the office and went into the bedroom when I didn't hear any foot steps for a long time. The duffle bag was right where Brendan told me it would be. I picked up the bag and realized that I have no way of getting out of here. I can't go out the front door for obvious reasons, and there is no backdoor. They have a garage door, which is connected to the kitchen. I sighed. Maybe I'll have to bolt out of here. Oh wait, there's a window in the office. Maybe I could hop out of it. I'll look like a badass doing it too! Yeah! I'll do that! I started to head towards the bedroom door when I heard the front door open.
"You ready to go back?" I heard May say from the living room. Oh no! They're coming back!
"Yep." The guy said. I looked around for a hiding place and scrambled to hide under the bed. I'm in deep shit!

May and the guy returned and climbed onto the bed I was hiding under. I heard some music start playing, and then kissing. My eyes opened wide when I realized what was happening. May is also cheating on her spouse! That's makes way more sense! Oh crud! They're gonna do it on top of me! I cringed and covered my ears. Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me?!

I laid there for ten minutes wanting to kill myself while May and this guy were going at it. I officially want nothing to do with women for the rest of my life. I soon didn't hear any creaking and uncovered my ears.
"I'm going to smoke." The guy said.
"I'll go with you!"

I heard them get out of the bed, and I celebrated in silence that I was finally gonna leave this place. My happiness was soon cut off when I heard my cell phone start to ring. The color on my face drained. Holy fuck this is worst thing to possibly happen.
"What's that?!" May said.
"Is someone here?" The guy called out. I heard footsteps approach the room and looked around. My heart beat started to pick up. This is it. I'm going to die right here, right now. I heard the foot steps stop and lift up the bed skirt.
"Who the fuck are you?!" I wanted to cry. May bent over to see what was going on and her eyes widened when she saw that it was me. I am officially dead.