Chapter 4: The Toaster

Dedicated to pandabearrrrrrr who gave me the idea of writing a fan fiction about spn.

Song: Warrior by Beth Crowley

I silently tried to get the injection out of my boot. When I had it out I made my way towards Nicholas ready to stab it in his back but suddenly he turned around and threw the injection out my hand. "You tried to play me, you stupid girl" he replied.
I stumble back trying to get away from him like Cas told me. "Oh no you're not going anywhere" he says grabbing me by the throat and trying to choke me. It felt like my head was about to explode. I tried to kick him, but he pulled me up by my throat my feet couldn't feel the ground anymore. I began to see black spots in my vision.
"Cas" I manage to croak out.
Suddenly Cas appeared, I saw his eyes widened before he stabbed Nicholas with his angel blade what made me fall to the ground. I coughed trying to get the air to return to my lungs. Cas kneeled next to me. "I'm so sorry Maeve, I should never have let you do this" he says with tears in his eyes.
I placed my hand against his cheeks, ignoring the electric shocks that went through my body because of him. "It's..... not..... your ....... Fault" I say between breaths.
"Try not to talk before you have enough oxygen" he says stroking my hair. I took a few deep breaths and when I felt a little better I tried to sit up.
"Cas can you help me up?" I ask him. He nodded and helped me up. I was still a little unstable so I let myself fall against him. "At least we got him" I say smiling.
"That we did" he says "Let's get you back to the bunker"
I nodded before we disappeared.

When we were back I saw that my brother where still not here , so that meant they were still working at the case. "I'm of to bed Cas, I'm very tired make yourself at home" I tell him before walking off to my own room.
"Goodnight Maeve" he shouts after me
"You too" I yell back while closing my bedroom door and slipping out of my clothes before I let myself drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

I awoke by a high pitched scream followed by another hard noise. I sprinted out of bed with my gun ready and made my way to the noise. It led me to the kitchen. I peeked around the corner and saw Cas sitting against the wall breathing heavily. "Cas you okay?" I say running to him.
"Yeah I'm fine" he says trying to calm his breath.
"What happened here?" I say taking in the surrounding. Everywhere where pans and plates spread on the kitchen floor.
"I was making you toast, Dean thought me how to use the toaster but he didn't care to inform me about the toast popping out after." He says rubbing his forehead.
I laughed at him "That's so typical." He smiled at me and put a strand of hair behind my ear." You were really making me breakfast?" I ask him smiling. He nodded. Suddenly I remember the lack of clothes I was wearing. I blushed a deep red "I'm going to change then we can eat breakfast" I tell him getting up. I felt his eyes following me I walked harder and when I was inside my room. I closed the door and quickly changed into other clothes.

I walked back to Cas and saw him sitting at the kitchen table staring to the wall. "Hey what are you doing?" I ask him. He snapped out of his thoughts.
"I was thinking"
"About what?"
"Heaven"
"Is everything okay up there?"
"It's been better" he shrugged. "I have to go back"
"Oh okay" I say sadly.
He gave me a plate with toast and jam before kissing me on my forehead. I smiled at his gesture but before I could say something else he disappeared and I was left alone. I looked down at my plate and instantly began smiling again. I took it with me to the library where I read a book about exorcising demons.