Chapter 12: Boy talk

Song: Start of Time by Gabrielle Aplin

"So now tell me since when do you like Castiel?" Charlie asks me with a curious glint in her eyes. We were currently sitting on my bed while the boys were out for a beer run. Yes I know it doesn't take three to get beer but they insisted on it. "Well?" Charlie says snapping me out of my thoughts.
"I don't really know exactly but all the other guys treated me like a girl who can't take care of herself and then I met him and he was different and above all he is always there for me and makes me smile" I tell her smiling.
"You are so in love" she squealed.
"I don't think it Is love"
"Oh yes it is girl"
"Shut up"
"No you can't deny it Maeve you're in love"
"I just really like him, it isn't love"
"Stop lying to yourself girl." Charlie says crossing her arms over her chest.
I sighed in defeat "Okay still if I love him, we can never be together because of my idiotic brothers. "
"Oh that is just an excuse you make up for yourself. I think they would be thrilled that their sister is in love with their angel friend Castiel then with some douche."
"You think?"
"Oh sweetie I know" she says getting up.
"Where are you going?" I ask her
"I'm going to bed, it was a long day maybe you should get some sleep too" She suggest before walking out of my room. I closed the door behind her and lay down on my bed smiling like a lunatic.

"Cassssssssss!" I scream out of the top of my lungs when I saw him in a puddle of his own blood. I was tied up to a chair and tried get out so I could reach him.
"It's okay Maeve" Cas replied blood dripping out of his mouth.
"No it isn't" I sob. Then someone stabbed him from behind and I saw him falling on the ground lifeless "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" I scream out. My hands trying to get lose while my screams filled the air surrounding me. "Maeve wake up" I hear a familiar voice say. I close my eyes and focused on the voice.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of Castiel. I shot up and bumped my head against his. I groaned before I wrapped my arms around him and hold him tight. "Whats wrong Maeve?" he says soft.
I let go of him "Nothing it was just a bad dream"
He went to sit on the bed next to me "You want to talk about it?"
I shake my head bringing my hands up to my face to cover it so that he couldn't see the tears falling down. "Mae look at me" he says taking my hand of my face so that he was seeing my puffy eyes.
"You never call me Mae" I reply.
"I thought I would try it out if you don't like it then I....."
"No no I like it" I interrupt him. He smiled softly at me before pulling me towards him so that I was side hugging him.
"Please tell me what your nightmare was about" he pleaded while his hand was stroking my hair.
I sighed "It was about you"
He stopped stroking my hair and looked at me "You're afraid of me?" he asks with hurt lacing in his voice.
"No No It was about your dead"

"Don't worry Mae I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" he replied kissing my forehead.
"Don't lie to me I know you are about to face Packo with my brothers leaving me and Charlie waiting in fear." I say getting angry.
"We just don't want you getting hurt."
"You think I can't handle myself don't you" I say pointing in his direction.
"No the opposite I think you can handle yourself too well so that would sacrifice yourself for me or your brothers" he says.
I looked at him with big eyes "You really think that?"
He leaned closer to me "Yes" he says while our noses almost touched I could feel his hot breath what send shivers through my body.
"Then prove it" I say.
I felt his lips carefully caressing mine before the door swung open revealing Charlie in the doorway. She shrieked when she saw us and closed the door. Cas pulled back almost instantly and got up "I can't feel that way about you" he mutters more to himself then to me before he walked out the door leaving me confused. 'what just happened' I thought.