Chapter 3

Magda opened the front door and gasped at the talk man with green hair

Magda opened the front door and gasped at the talk man with green hair. In her Russian accent, "Mr. J?"Joker nodded. She lead him to a back court yard, "Miss Parker.."

Joker opened the door and took in the scene. Grace was running around the court yard as Mary planted flowers. He was amazed how much Grace looked like her mother. Almost a complete replica, but the eyes were his. His attention then turned to the beautiful gardener.  He strolled up with his hands in his pockets, "Mary Mary quite contrary." He was confident in his mocking her until she stood up and he saw her fit legs. 

Mary wiped a hair from her forehead and smiled, "Hello Mr

Mary wiped a hair from her forehead and smiled, "Hello Mr. J." Mary took off her gardening gloves and tucked them in her tight pockets. 

Joker forced his eyes away to notice her handy work. "Why the flowers if your going to be leaving?" He turned his face back to Mary. 

She bit her lip before her response, "I'm trying to stay busy. Don't forget that I took care of him and his businesses for six months straight. I'm trying not to go insane with him being gone."

Joker was starting to realize how much of a loss she had suffered. He clenched his jaw as he turned to watch Grace play, "She's you made over." He turned back to Mary.

She was watching her play, "But the eyes... All you." There was a pause of silence. "Will you have a seat?" Mary ushered Joker over to a covered lounge area, "Drink?" Joker shook his head. "So what brings you here today?"

"I told you I would be back tomorrow."

Mary lightly shook her head, "Why?" 

Joker rolled his head, "I don't know why, fuck! Just come home!" 

Mary crossed her arms, " I really don't understand. You have a life, I have one. Let's just leave it like that. If you want to come see Grace you have my permission. What more could you possibly want?" 

Joker cut his eyes to her lean legs, then back to her face.

Mary smirked as she shook her head, "Un fucking believable."

Joker shrugged his shoulders, "What?"

As Mary was nibbling at her nail, "Go ride your Harley, sloppy seconds aren't my style."