Chapter 13

Mary slowly eased up to the side of the parking a garage of the hotel she waited for Bruce to give the Valet her parking ticket. Salena noticed the car on the move. "Hey! This isn't your car!"

Bruce smiled at her, "Sure it is.. See I have my ticket." As the two argued, Mary slipped into the passenger side then the drivers side as she sat up Salena did a double take, "Hey!" Mary gassed it a she laughed. 

 Salenas  chest heaved as she turned to Bruce as he shrugged , "Maybe it wasn't." 

Mary floored the pedal all the way back to Jokers house. She knew he would be angry, "Who gives a shit!" She thought. 

Mary walked into the grand foyer and yelled, "Honey I'm home!" Joker strolled up to the top of the stairs with his hands in his pockets. Mary ran up the stairs and walked passed him. She picked up the pace as she heard his footsteps behind her. 

She took of running and laughing as he ran after her. Mary tried to shut the door but wasn't fast enough. Joker busted through the doorway and grabbed her by the waist then slammed her on her bed. She laughed as he straddled her. "Where the fuck have you been?" 

Mary wiggled her eyebrows, "I got a surprise in my pocket." Joker gave her a questionable look as he pushed his fingers in her right pocket. "Woohoo.. Careful.. Now.." He growled until he found the jump drive and cut his eyes to hers. "Tell Salena, I won the race. I found Harold Allnut."

Mary and Joker stood together in his office as they called Lex back, Mary cringed at his voice, "Well.. Well.. I am quit surprised that  you found it so soon. Meet me at Allenworths Peer at 11 pm tommorow. I know Grace will be delighted to see her mother." Mary was about to speak, but he ended the call. 

Mary stood in a daze, until Jokers voice snapped her out of it. "Last night together." 

Mary looked up at him with no expression, "Yep." 

As she started out of the room, he grabbed her wrist. "How did you do it?" Mary shrugged and tapped at the side of her head. "How's Bruce doing?" 

Mary smirked, "Fine.." Joker dropped her wrist and turned away. "He's helping hide Harold, he's under his protection now." Joker nodded as he looked down. Mary waited for him to say something but nothing came. She made her way to her room and shut the door. "Just one more day a I get my life back." Mary's face turned sad as she thought about not seeing him again. "How can you love someone so much that causes so much pain?" Her conscience spoke up, "Because your insane." Mary smirked at its response.      

Joker thought long and hard about her leaving, it made him sick to think about her being with someone else. He was understanding the hurt that he had caused her. He picked up his phone.

Mary was shocked to see a text from J, "Miss Parker, with it being our last night together, may I take you out?" 

Mary was amused, "You mean an actual date?" 

"Yes."

Why the Hell not? She thought, "I would love to. What time are you picking me up?"

"8pm."

"How should I dress? Formal or casual?" 

"Comfortable.."

"See you then.." Mary had butterflies in her stomach; she felt like she was in high school again.