Chapter 23

Mary signed as she wiped the tears from her eyes as she laid in her husbands room. She heard the patter of his feet on the bathroom floor. He strolled over to the bed and laid down next to her and looked  down at Mary as she stared off into space. He turned her chin to him with his fingertip, her brow was wrinkles with confusion, "You've done nothing wrong." Mary turned her head away as she laid in silence. 

Joker studied her until she finally spoke, "Why?" 

"Why what?" 

Mary turned back to him, "Why weren't you at Graces delivery?" 

Joker swallowed, "We were separated at the time."

Mary had a quick response, "Why?" 

Joker took a deep breath as he treateded lightly, "I think you need to rest after what has happened." 

Mary squeezed her eyes closed, "I want to remember.. So I don't hurt anything else.. I killed.." 

Joker shook her shoulders to make her look at him, "Listen, you did nothing wrong."  

"Please tell me, I feel as though I'm going crazy. I can't tell memory from reality anymore." Joker was understanding that he was losing Mary to the abyss of insanity. 

"What if there was a way to get it back, but it was extremley painful. Would you do it?" 

Mary quickly snapped her eyes to his, "Yes! I can't live like this. I'm in Hell." Perfect description, joker thought. 

"Give me a day or two and I'll help you. Whether it means..." 

Mary leaned up to meet his gaze, "Means?"

"Losing you all over again."

Mary studied his face and knew he was sincere, she smiled as she caressed the side of his face with her soft hand, "In the mean time, I'm still here." He turned his mouth into her hand and kissed it. 

Mary slowly walked to her closet, she was surprised as she noticed no cramping at all. She lightly touched her lower abdomin as she held back tears. 

After she was dressed Mary walked down the stairs to the small crowd in the kitchen

After she was dressed Mary walked down the stairs to the small crowd in the kitchen. Everybody stopped taking as she entered. Mary nervously looked down as she bit her lip. Grace ran over to her mother. Mary smiled as she scooped her up into her arms. Joker walked in to see his beautiful wife holding their daughter. "You'll be pregnant again soon enough." He then felt slight guilt for the thought. 

He walked over to a bowl of fruit that was on the kitchen island. "Gracey..!" Grace smiled as she looked at her father as he started to juggle two oranges. Mary smiled and chuckled as she watched them as they floated in the air. Grace squealed and laughed as she clapped. After his routine, he smiled and took a bow. Grace was his biggest fan as she clapped. Joker strolled over and kissed Grace on the cheek. He then tipped Mary's chin up and kissed her on the lips. 

Mary smiled, "I'm impressed! I think that is the actual first time I've seen you do that." Joker smiled and wiggled his eyebrows up and down. "What other tricks do you have?" Mary cocked an eyebrow. 

After lunch, Mary followed her husband to Graces room to tuck her in for nap. They both kissed her as they tucked her in. Joker lightly grabbed Mary's hand and lead her down to the empty parlor. Mary slightly pulled her hand back. Joker turned to her, "You don't have to stay with me. I know you have work to do, I'll be ok." 

Joker stroked both sides of her sweet face, "I'm not going anywhere until I know your ok. Stop trying to take care of everybody else for once."

  Mary hung her head and pressed her head against his chest. "How's the memory project coming?" 

He sighed as he tucked her head under his chin, "it's coming, should be ready tommorow."

"I hope it works. I hate feeling like a stranger in my own head." 

Joker smirked as he looked down to her face, "That's a very interesting description." 

Mary smirked as she looked up at him, "You can knock all you want to, but nobody's home."

Joker laughed, "Thats what I lov.." He stopped his sentance as he looked down at his wives cute wrinkled brow.  Her eyes were pleading him to say it. "That's what I love about you. Your sick twisted sense of humor."

Mary smiled, "Oh.. You say the nicest things." 

Joker squeezed her to him, "I can do some pretty nice things.." 

Mary patted his chest as her smiled eased and she looked at one of his chains, "I'm sure you can." She then nuzzled herself into his shirt and closed her eyes.

That afternoon Joker was reluctant to leave his little family, but needed to inspect his memory project for Mary. He looked around at Frost and Salenas handy work. Frost was hesitant to speak, "Do you think this is going to work?" 

Joker spun around as he examined it one more time, "It has to." Frost and Salena stood in silence as they watched their boss stroll out of the house. 

Joker eased up the stairs quietly, he slowly opened his bathroom door. He saw Mary in the vanity mirror reflection, lifting her fit leg out of the shuds as she lathered it with soap. He quickly turned away as he pressed his back against the cracked door and rolled his eyes. "Jack? Is that you?" 

He bit his knuckle, Mmm.. Hmm.." 

"Could you help me? 

He acted as though he was going to bang his head against the door with frustration, "Sure kitten." He tucked his hands in his pockets as he strolled in with a nervous smirk. 

Mary looked up at him with a questionable look, " What's wrong?" 

Joker shrugged his shoulders, "Nothing.." But what he really wanted to do was jump in with her until she moaned his name. 

Mary pointed at the bath mat that laid in front of the shower. "Could you put the mat in front of the tub, I was afraid I would slip." Joker gave her an evil grin. She yelped as he reached in with his clothes still on and pulled her from the water. "Jack! What are you doing?!" He laughed as he threw her on his bed. " Jack we can't.." 

Mary moaned as he kissed her neck. "Trust me?" Mary nodded with her eyes closed. He cupped her left breast as he kissed her neck. She dug her nails into his back. He continued to kiss her neck as his hand left her chest and traveled down to her clit.

 Mary gasped at the sensation. "Oh.. Please don't  stop!" 

Joker grinned against her neck as he nibbled at her neck. "That's it.. Do you want more?"

Mary's bottom lip trembled as she arched her back as her realease came.

Joker watched as Mary slept next to him, she slightly stirred as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He prayed silently, "Please work."