four

chapter four
scarlett r. waters

i rubbed my tired eyes as i slowly released myself from ethan's tight grip. i bite my lip as i slip on my bra and panties that were throw mindlessly onto the floor.

i took like and careful steps as i grabbed my coat and heels, putting them on quietly. i walked towards a small table that was placed against the wall. it had a small lamp and a notepad that had the hotel's logo on the top.

i grabbed the pen, taking the top of with my teeth and holding it between them.

i wrote a quick note before ripping the thin paper off of the notepad slowly, hoping it wouldn't make any noise, as i glanced over my shoulder to make sure ethan was still asleep.

i folded the paper in half, the side with my messy handwriting on it hidden, and placed it down on the table.

i wrote his name sloppily onto the empty side and put then pen down, letting out a small sigh before i put the cap back onto it, putting it down beside the note.

i quietly opened the heavy door of the hotel room and left, shutting the door slowly and as quietly as i could before walking off the elevator.

my shiny black heels clicked against the tile floors as i press the down button on the cream colored wall.

i boarded the elevator, pressing the 1 as i run my fingers through my messy hair. i quickly pull it up into a ponytail, tucking the loose strands behind my ear.

i get to the lobby, passing by the same counter that i passed by when entering just hours ago, before leaving the nice and quiet hotel at 3:54 am.

ethan g. dolan

i woke up in an empty bed, the sheets cold and sending chills up and down my spine. i run my hands over my face, my mind filling with images of the night before.

she's gone, but i can't act like i'm not surprised. it was just one night.

i glance towards the clock on the nightstand next to the bed, seeing 10:27 shone on the electronic screen.

i groan as i run my hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes before climbing out of bed, finding my underwear and slipping them on along with my jeans.

i walk into the bathroom, shaking my head at my reflection and looking down at the sink. i turn the water on, placing my hands under the faucet and letting the cool water fill my hands.

i bring them up to my face, running them over my tired eyes and swollen lips. grabbing a white towel that was hanging from a small silver rack on the wall, i dry my face, letting out a sigh before walking back out into the room.

i glance around the clean room, seeing my shirt and quickly pull it over my head. i made up the bed, wanting to make it even easier for the room service before i left, i guess.

what's the point of staying here any longer?

i grab the key card from the dark oak table, furrowing my eyebrows when i saw a paper neatly folded on the desk, my name written on it.

i open up the paper, my eyes widening and heartbeat quickening as i read the few words scribbled onto the paper.

ethan,

i'm sorry for disappearing.

–rose

she left her number beside her name and i quickly scrambled to find my phone and making a contact for her. i typed 'rose' into in the contact name before putting my phone in my pocket. maybe i'll text her, if i have the guts.

my eyes scanned over the note a few more times, the words written in quick and messy handwriting engraving into my head.

shitty filler

please don't forget to leave me comments and tell me if you like it!! i love reading your comments:)

also, this book is almost at 1k reads and 100 votes yayyyy

ily