eight

chapter eight
scarlett r. waters

after a hot shower, i run my fingers through my hair and search through my closet for something to wear. i was honestly a little nervous to go to dinner with ethan, so much so i nearly cancelled and said that i couldn't get off work.

however, i knew i'd much rather be with ethan than at work, so i called a few hours earlier and told my boss i was sick and wouldn't be there tonight.

i pulled a dress out of my closet that i had bought a while back, but never really wore. it was a velvet bodycon dress that hugged my waist and was a little revealing, but i knew ethan wouldn't mind that at all.

it was already 7:30 so i quickly put the dress on along with a pair of black single strap heels, then did my makeup. when it was about eight, the doorbell rang and my heart started beating faster.

i opened the door to see ethan in a nice tuxedo along with a small smirk on his face, making me unintentionally bite my lip.

"damn," he muttered quietly, making my face go hot, "you look amazing, rose."

"thank you, ethan." i chuckle as i looked down at my feet, opening the door wider so he could come in.

"come here." he said softly as he walked in and held his hands out towards me.

i obeyed him without hesitation, wrapping my arms around his neck as he held my waist. i pressed my lips against his, but as i was about to pull away from what i thought was a quick kiss, he just pulled me closer and deepened the kiss.

his warm tongue swiped across my bottom lip while his large hands slowly moved down my waist to my ass, squeezing and making me let out a soft moan against his lips.

"e-ethan," i breathed out as i pulled away, catching my breath as i placed my hand on his chest.

"let's go, princess. i don't want to be late." he said casually as he straightened out his jacket and i quickly went to grab my clutch.

i came back and we left my apartment, me holding onto his muscular arm as we walked down the hall to the elevator.

we boarded the elevator and he wrapped an arm around my waist, pressing the g button with his other hand.

a small ding was heard as the elevator doors opened and he lead me out to his car, my hand still gripping his strong arm.

he unlocked the doors of his black bmw before holding the passenger side door open for me. i thanked him quietly and climbed in, pulling the seatbelt over my chest as he walked over to the drivers side and did the same.

"where are we going?" i asked curiously, turning to ethan as he carefully turned the car on and backed out of the parking spot.

"you'll just have to wait and see, darling." he chuckles as he places his hand on my thigh and i interlock our fingers.

the soft music playing and ethan's warm hand on my thigh, his thumb rubbing circles against my skin, made the drive relaxing.

"we're here, rose." i heard ethan's soft voice as we pulled into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant.

i opened the door and stepped out of his nice car, holding my clutch in my hand as he walked over to me and took my free hand.

he lead me to the front door where he politely held it open for me and i walked inside. the nice restaurant was dimly lit and filled with people in formal dresses and suits, softly playing slow songs. i wasn't used to any of it.

the hostess greeted us and guided us to the table that ethan must have reserved for us earlier. we sat down and menus were placed in front of us by the hostess before she left.

"this is so nice, ethan, you really didn't have to do all of this." i shake my head.

"it's nothing, rose," he smirks, "just treating you like the princess you are."

-

this was really shitty sorry

but thank u so much for 10k reads!!

(edit: hi i'm publishing this again bc it's a flop and i'm sad so pls comment :,( also i have a new story pls read it)