Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Sorry I'm late Mr.Williams." I mumbled as I walked toward his desk.

The class had their eyes on me. Great, just what I needed.

"Well this is new for you, your never late." he tsked.

"It was my fault sir, I got lost and she was helping me find my way." Cole smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

I didn't even realize he was holding it until now.

"And you are?" Mr.Williams took his eyes off me and studied Cole.

"I'm Cole, Cole-"

"Parkers. I know, the new student here. To take your seat Macy and Cole, introduce yourself."

Smiling slightly at Cole, I pulled my hand out of his. I hung my head low as I walked past the rows of whispering students. My seat was all the way in the back. I was almost to my seat when someone stuck their foot out and I fell.

The class bursted out laughing and my face was a tomato. I could feel the tears burning behind my eyes.

"Hey, are you okay."

I looked up to see Cole holding out a hand. I bit my lip before nodding slowly and taking it. he jerked on my hand and I flew into his chest.

That caused the class to become deathly silent.

"Sorry." I squeaked and fled to my seat.

When I looked at him, he smiled causing me to blush.

"Well, we can skip introductions for now." Mr. Williams said before adjusting his glasses. "Now who knows the square root of 4?"

I tuned him out as my mind replayed everything. Meeting Cole was probably one of the best things that's happened in my life. He even called me his friend.

"Macy!" a hiss sounded from behind me.

Slowly turning, I came face to face with a grinning Cole.

"What?"

"Wanna hang out later at lunch?"

Lunch. My stomach turned at the though of that. Ana told me that I had to avoid that because once I started eating, I couldn't stop.

"I-I dunno." I whispered back.

"Please. You kind of are the only friend I have here." he poked out his lip and made puppy dog eyes.

I laughed quietly as I patted his head. "Anything for you."

"I'll keep that in mind." he winked and I turned away from him slightly.

The rest of the class period went by in a blur of equations and doodling.

The bell rang signaling that we could leave and I was glad. Math just may be making me even stupider than I already was.

"What do you have next?" I asked.

"Art." he replied as we walked down the hallway together.

I ignored the weird looks other girls were giving me.

"Same. Trust me, you'll love Mrs.Eden she's really nice."

I made it to class without being beat up or teased so I guess that was a good thing.