Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Saturday and Sunday passed by so fast that I was having a hard time believing it was already Monday. I didn't do anything those two days except for read. I had finally finished my book. I frowned as I realized I still had to go to school. I didn't want to go back. I didn't want to have to face Cole. Sighing, I got dressed. I stopped in the middle of putting my shirt on as I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned to the side and stared at my stomach. It looked a little bit smaller but it was fat still. I pulled my shirt on.

I was currently 119 lbs because I tried the 3 day fast. I will admit that I did binge a lot but I still managed to lose at least a little bit of weight.

I grabbed my bag before heading down the stairs.

"Goodbye Mom!" I called out but I realized she wasn't here.

Usually she was downstairs making coffee.

Oh well. I thought and headed out the door. I walked to school today, half expecting Cole and his mother to drive by and give me a ride but it didn't happen. I guess I couldn't blame him because I was the one who ignored him first.

I arrived on school campus with 3 minutes to spare so I went looking for Hannah. She sat in our usual spot but today she wasn't alone. A blond haired kid sat in front of her and it looked as if they were having a good time. I sighed and turned in the other direction because I didn't want to interrupt them. I didn't really have anywhere to go so I went to the library.

The library was empty as usual as I unzipped my bag and took out my books. I placed them into the return box before going to scan the library. I decided to check out the fantasy this time, maybe this section would have something worth reading.

"Hey!" a voice said behind me.

I was so startled that I dropped the book I was holding.

"Shane!" I groaned.

"I missed you." he squealed before hugging me.

He let go of me and I felt uber awkward.

"Where were you last week?" he asked, handing me my book back.

"I got suspended." I said, not looking in his direction.

"I didn't peg you as a bad girl." he tsked. "What did you do?"

I put the book back before picking up another one that had a sparkly cover. Nope. way too sparkly.

"I'm not a bad girl." I scowled." I got suspended because I supposedly 'started' a fight."

"Ooh! that was you." he gasped.

"What?" I gave up on my book search and turned to him.

"Yeah, it's all over the school. About how some girl almost got beat up but this guy stepped in and beat up the other."

"Oh." was all I said before turning back to the book shelf.

"You know that if anyone were to mess with you again you could always tell me. Id make sure they never did it again." his voice held a tint of anger.

"It's sweet that you've got my back and all but your technically an adult and beating up a student could get you fired or thrown in jail, but thanks." I said, giving him a genuine smile.

The bell sounded, signaling that shook has officially started.

"I'd better go." I said moving to get my bag but he grabbed my wrist.

"I meant it though. Im here if you need me." His gaze was so intense that it could burn a hole in me.

I stared at him for a while before breaking out of his grasp.

"I gotta go."

I rushed out of the library as quick as I could. Shane's reaction scared me and I just wanted to get as far away as possible. I bursted through the class doors before the tardy bell rang. Slipping into my seat, I sighed and rested my head on my desk.

Mr.Williams walked in a few minutes later and launched into his next lesson. I was hopelessly lost so I decided to not pay attention at all. What's the point of trying to figure out something that I know I can't do. Class went by quickly but now quick enough. Before leaving, Mr. Williams handed me the work I've missed and it was all due by next week.

Kill. Me. Now.

I shoved the papers into my backpack before heading to my next class. I was tired and it felt like I would pass out at any given second but thankfully I made it to class without an accident. I walked to the classroom door and was taken aback when I saw Cole in there, diligently drawing. The moment I stepped in the classroom his head snapped up as if he knew I was here and he held my gaze. We stayed like that for who knows how long until the tardy bell broke the trance and I scurried to my station. I quickly grabbed my supplies and set to work, completely ignoring the questioning looks I was getting from Cole.

"Hey."

I concentrate on my work.

"Macy, I know you can hear me." he whinnied.

I heard him huff in annoyance as I continued to ignore him.

"Macy!" he yelled pulling me so I would face him.

My paintbrush clattered to the floor as I spun his way. His eyes were wide and almost crazy looking.

"What?" I whispered.

He stared at me for a few seconds before pulling me into a hug.

"Please don't ignore me" he cried out into my shoulder. "please."

I stiffened against him but then relaxed and gripped onto him tighter.

"I won't."