Bonding Over Our Dead Parents

seven

A lot happened that day at school. Isaac got into a fight with the alpha twins, Isaac almost killed Allison, they hot wired the alpha twins' motorcycles, and two more people were taken. They also made a link between the three most recent victims, they all had connections to the military. It was also learnt that the one performing the human sacrifices was a darach, or a druid gone dark side.

That night there was a knock on the door, barely audible as it was raining rather heavily. Lacey sat on the stairs as Scott opened the door, revealing a soaking wet Isaac.

"I-I was wondering if I could ask you a favour."

"Anything." Scott nodded.

"I need a place to stay. Derek kicked me out and I don't exactly have anywhere I can go. Can I stay here?" Isaac asked.

"Let me go speak to my mom." Scott told him before disappearing into the kitchen.

Lacey watched Isaac as he stood awkwardly at the door, dripping onto the carpet. She stealthily slipped upstairs and grabbed a towel, walking back down and handing it to Isaac.

"Thanks." He smiled at her.

"No problem." She returned his smile. "Are you okay?"

"Apart from getting kicked out, I'm fine." Isaac replied.

"Why did Derek even kick you out?" Lacey asked curiously.

"His sister Cora was the other werewolf trapped in the bank vault. She lives with him now and apparently it's too much if I live there too." Isaac sighed.

"That's understandable but still not fair." Lacey told him.

"Tell me about it."

Scott returned a few moments later with a smile on his face. Melissa agreed to let Isaac stay in the other guest bedroom. Lacey couldn't comprehend the kindness of that woman. She took Lacey in, who was a girl she didn't know and who had just crawled out of her grave, and now she's taking in Isaac, who she knows is a werewolf.

Lacey followed Scott and Isaac upstairs, listening as Scott told him house rules and how to use the shower. When Scott left, Lacey sauntered into his room. He was shirtless and wearing a pair of Scott's sweatpants, sitting on the bed deep in thought.

"So, Isaac, how did you become a werewolf?" Lacey sat next to him.

"Derek bit me."

"I know that. But why?" She questioned further.

"My father was an abusive asshole and I was fed up with being weak and powerless." Isaac snapped.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. He's dead now." Isaac sighed. "How did you become a hunter?"

"Like most hunters, I joined the business because someone I loved died. My mom was killed by a demon when I was a child and my dad lost it. He was so desperate to find what killed her that he stole our childhood. He's dead now too. I don't even know if he ever found what killed her." Lacey explained.