T For Torture

nine

After the disappearances of two doctors, Isaac, Scott and Lacey were all extra protective Melissa. They had promised to watch over her during the night but failed when they all fell asleep.

"Really, boys? Lacey? Boys! Lacey! What do you think you're doing?" The three of them jolted awake.

Isaac flailed about, punching Lacey and kicking Scott making them both groan loudly.

"Uh- we were watching over you." Isaac replied sleepily.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice." Scott added.

"But all three of you were asleep." Melissa pointed out.

"In all fairness, I am human." Lacey tried to defend herself.

"Being werewolves doesn't affect our ability to stay awake, Lacey." Scott told her before turning to Isaac. "You were on watch last."

"What are you talking about? You were on watch last." Isaac insisted.

"No, you were on watch last." Scott said and Lacey nodded in agreement.

"I might have been on watch last."

"My heroes. Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D. Recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear." Melissa pushed the covers off of her body.

"Yeah, but it could just come under any kind of healer, mom, and you were definitely a healer last night." Scott referred to how she had helped Danny and all the victims of the car crash the night before.

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be anyone's human sacrifice today, so all of you get your butts to school." Melissa ordered them.

The three of them obeyed, pushing themselves off of Melissa's bedroom floor and retreated to their own rooms. Lacey brushed through her curly, dirty blonde hair and applying a small amount of makeup given to her by Melissa. She stripped out of her pyjamas and changed into a black t-shirt, jeans that Stiles told her were 'mom jeans', a belt and a pair of black and white vans. Her worn leather jacket, that she had found at a thrift store, was retrieved from the floor and Lacey slung her rucksack over one of her shoulders.

"Are you walking today?" Isaac asked with a mouth full of buttered toast.

"Mhm." Lacey nodded as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"I'll walk with you." Isaac told her and Lacey nodded, showing him she was weight with it.

Lacey downed her cup of coffee in a matter of minutes and ran back upstairs to brush her teeth. Isaac was waiting for at the bottom of the stairs, ready to go with her jacket in his hands. She laughed and snatched it from him, shrugging it on. The two shouted their goodbyes to Scott and Melissa, before leaving the house and beginning their journey to school. Halfway there, Isaac pulled out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes.

"I didn't know you smoked. You know, it will kill you." Lacey joked.

"If the alphas don't get to me first." Isaac replied with the same joking tone.