Crying With Kevin Tran

twenty-four

After receiving a worrying phone call from Kevin Tran, the three Winchester siblings rushed to the location of his safe-boat. Once they arrived at the dock, they jumped out of the impala with their guns in their hands.

"Kevin? It's us." Sam called out as they entered the boat.

Lacey looked around the room, notes covering the walls and Kevin no where to be found. She stopped and started to read what the notes where about, but none of it made sense to her.

"Found him."

Sam and Lacey rush towards where Dean's voice came from, grimacing as they saw Kevin hunched over the toilet vomiting violently. Lacey gagged slightly, but crouched down next to the boy and gently patted his back. Sam and Dean left the doorway, not being able to handle the stench.

"Hey Lace." Kevin smiled weakly, wiping his mouth.

"Are you alright, Kevin?" Lacey asked and Kevin hesitated, before shaking his head.

Lacey led Kevin into the main compartment of the boat, handing him a tissue to stop the blood that had started dropping from the nose. Kevin sat down at the table, holding the tissue to his nose.

"Wow. You look like hammered crap." Dean stated.

"Yeah." Kevin agreed.

"Are you sleeping?" Sam asked.

"Not really." He admitted.

"Are you eating?"

"Hot dogs, mostly."

"Sure, yeah- breakfast of champions." Dean sighed. "Look, I'm gonna feel dirty saying this, but you might want a salad and a shower."

"I know, and I've been getting bad headaches and nosebleeds, and I think maybe I had a small stroke. But it was worth it." Kevin smiled weakly.

"What was worth it?" Lacey questioned.

"I figured out how to close the Gates of Hell." Kevin stated and Lacey grinned widely.

"You-"Dean was lost for words, earning amused laughs from the others. "Come here, you smelly son of a bitch." Dean pulled Kevin into a big hug, lifting him up off the ground.

"Okay, okay. So, what does this mean? What are we looking at?" Sam asked, clapping his hands together.

"It's a spell." Kevin informed them.

"And?"

"And it's just a few words of Enochian, but... " Kevin handed Dean a piece of paper.

Dean sighed, "Oh, here we go."

"...the spell has to be spoken after you finish each of the three trials." Kevin finished.

"T-trials like, uh, like "Law & Order"?" Sam asked and Lacey shook her head, "I don't think so, Sammy."

"More like Hercules. The tablet says, "Whosoever chooses to undertake these tasks should fear not danger, nor death, nor..." A word I think means getting your spine ripped out through your mouth for all eternity." Kevin explained to them.