5-Gardens and Sunsets

Chapter 5
Word Count: 2555

The day wasn't very interesting. Breakfast with the pack was eventful. She met many people and they all accepted her. She was shy and didn't speak much, but everyone was understanding of her matter and her nature. Farah was almost the whole time, latched onto one of the twins' arms. They steadied her in a way, emotionally, that she probably would never understand. But then again, they were mates. Anything that happened didn't really need to be understood.

The twins were overly protective of her when she got too near unmated wolves, but at least they didn't kill anyone.

She knew this stories of the twins. Killing anyone in a split second if they wanted too. It honestly scared her.

'Innocent Farah-Ember mate to the Lycan twins.' Quite the headline.

She sighed internally. The morning was too busy for her. Normally, Farah would simply have something small with her parents and then go out to the garden.

Her cousin was always on morning patrol so she never got I see him until at least the afternoon.

Since her parents only had Farah at the pack to take over as the Beta, they certainly didn't want Farah to take over. And even so, Farah would most likely decline in the long run. Matthew was prefect for the place anyways. Farah cheered him on. Always. As he did her.

She stood at the doorway, as the twins had asked her too and waited for them. They had gone to speak to some guards in the other room and they didn't want her to overhear.

They walked out with grim expressions and instantly Farah felt down. She somehow hated the fact that the twins were not at their high cheery mood. The thought of mates were never her top priority. She always simply tended to the garden and her parents.

Ajax came up to her, none of them saying a word, and picked her up, setting her on his hip as though she was a child.

They walked up the stairs of the grand staircase and once they were walking down a hall that she recognized, Farah put her hand on Ajax's face. "What's the matter Ajax?" She whispered, genially concerned.

They stopped to stare at her. Their stoic faces deflated and what became of them was worry and sadness. "Nothing Little One. Just business. Come on, we're changing you and then we'll go out to the gardens." She smiled and lifted right up in his arms, already excited about the idea of going to the gardens.

The familiar door of the bedroom was in place when the question came upon Farah. "What do you mean when 'we change you?'" She asked tentatively, almost afraid for the answer.

Travon and Ajax set her down on the bed and Ajax went to the dresser, rummaging though it while Travon came onto the bed, wrapping his arms tightly around Farah's waist. She nearly panicked but before so, Travon bent down and started whispering ensuring things in her ear.

"Relax Little One. You're so tense. Just let your mates do what we want to do. Take care of you." Farah started to slowly wriggle her way around Travon, but he simply nuzzled his face into her neck and pulled her closer to his chest.

Ajax then turned around with a smile and began making his way to them. He had a set of clothes in his hand with a bra and matching underwear laid on top.

Farah panicked. She liked being around the twins. They were sweet, caring, understanding, and seemed as though they wouldn't let a soul touch her but she did not want them dressing her. She was a grown woman and even as a child, she hated when her mother changed her. Farah felt as though the person dressing her was judging her so she never liked when someone came around and did something for her when it involved her body.