8-Wellness and Disaster

Chapter 8
Word Count: 1059

Farah had woken up three days ago and her fever hadn't let up since. The twins were overjoyed but when they tried helping her out of the bed, Farah crumpled like a sack of potatoes to the ground. Ajax and Travon haven't left her room and made their Beta take over until their mate was 100% well again.

Farah was still afraid of the twins. She clutched the duvet harder than she was supposed to when they came closer to her and her slight flinching surely didn't go unnoticed by the twins. Their hearts yearned out to their mate, to make her feel comfortable and loved by them again. It was one simple mistake, one simple reaction that got them here and they both were not proud of it.

Farah sneezed three times in a row and the twins were at her side in a moment. "Little One are you alright?" Ajax asked with concern. The guilt had been eating them up and when Farah all but shrugged and rolled back into the covers of the end without sparing them a glance, the guilt ate away at them again, although harsher.

"Sweetheart, we're going to get some soup for you, can you manage while we're gone for a few minutes?" Farah didn't even respond to Travon, meekly wrapped herself deeper into the mattress.

They sighed and stood up. Travon left his gaze, wavering longer on his mate as he closed the door. Once Farah could hear they were downstairs, sobs wracked her body. The idea of not having her mates near to her was her own fault but she was scared of them. They could do major damage on her at any second and her fear of that clouded her judgement of the boys.

The twins took out the leftover pot of soup from the fridge and dumped it into a stirring pot in the stove. Heating it up, they thought to themselves. Their mate should've been better already but her health hadn't changed and that's what worried them.

Their wolves inside were stalking back and forth in their minds, worried for their mates well being and same. They whined and thrashed about, demanding that they mark her immediately. Though the twins had more self control then that. But the more they thought about it, the more convinced they were of the idea. If they marked Farah, the bond would surely grow and her sickness would go away much quicker, if not instantly.

Turning the stove off, they forgot about the soup and stormed upstairs. Opening the door, there they found their precious mate crying her eyes out because of something they had done to her. Not caring if Farah was upset at them, Ajax climbed onto her left and Travon on the right. They snuggled up to her and let her tears consume them.

Minutes passed and the soothing words and motions of the twins had made her sobs cease to only hiccups. "Little One, we are so sorry about what happened on the forest. But we promise nothing bad will come to you. All we want is our sweet little mate back to us healthy and happy. Our wolves are not happy about the condition you are in right now and are begging to come out and mark you. Please, please come back and be our darling little mate we love so much." Travon practically begged.

They squeezed her harder and she contemplated what Travon said to her. It was total honesty, and she believed him but what if they lost control? The idea of having claws in her brought back horrid memories and she whimpered, moving closer to them both. She hadn't answered them and they were becoming antsy, more accurately, their wolves were becoming more impatient. Their eyes were changing back and forth between colours.

Growls started to tremble from their chests and Farah looked up to see what the matter was, just in time for the twins to have their wolves in control and pushing her towards the bed. Farah cried out in fear. This was not her mates.

"Hello Little One." Ajax purred, or his wolf did.

They moved their faces nearer to both sides of her neck and started to pepper her with kisses, moving up and down. Farah didn't know what was going on, she had never experienced or seen anything like it but it felt good. Yet the tears still came down her face. They pushed her further into the bed and at the last second, she took a breath in and the twins murmured into her skin.

"Ours. Ours to keep, to hold, to cherish." And with that their teeth enlarged and skimmed down Farah's neck down to near her collar bone and punctures right through her skin. Farah's scream lodged in her throat. The searing pain that was coursing through her body was bought like before. The pure fear of her mates was unimaginable. They had bit her. Blood seeped down her neck but that was the least of her issues.

The twins pulled back, licking the hole of their teeth and sealing the mark. They looked down in joy and proudness only to have it crushed by the look their sweet mate gave them. It was of disgust, shock, and fear. Their wolves went dormant, leaving the human side of them to deal with their actions. "Little One?" Ajax tentatively asked. Farah didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to do. Her neck was hot and it pulsed.

Her breathing increased, making her body shake and the fear consumed her. She wanted her dad and mom back. She wanted the comfort of her cousin and the bone crushing hug Quinn always gave her when she was sad.

Using any energy left, she pushed the twins away and rolled off the bed. Crying out from the pain of falling, she used her exhausted limbs and pushed up from the ground. Ajax and Travon looked devastated by what they had just done. And just as Farah stood up, her limbs gave way and she fell right to the ground.

"Farah!" The twins cried out at the same time and tried to reach for her. Too late. Farah was already on the ground, shaking in fear and closing her eyes out of tiredness.

Three, two, one. Darkness.

-------
Sorry for the short chapter!
I haven't been able to update in for a while because I've had family issues been going on and writers block has been a bigger issue.

Please follow, vote, comment, and message me anytime! Chapter 9 will be out soon!
❤markin512