Times of the Prayers

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day, would you notice any dirt on him?"

They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left."

The Prophet (may peace be upon him) added, "That is the example of the five prayers, with which Allah blots out the (annuls) evil deeds."

*************

Narrated Ghailan:

Anas said, "I do not find (nowadays) things as they were (practiced) at the time of The Prophet (may peace be upon him)."

Somebody said, "The prayer (is as it was)."

Anas said, "Have you not done in the prayer what you have done?"

Narrated Az-Zuhri that he visited Anas bin Malik at Damascus and foumd him weeping and asked him why he was weeping.

He replied, "I do not know anything which I used to know during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) except this prayer which is being lost (not offered as it should be).

************

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said, "Do the prostration properly and do not put your forearms flat with elbows touching the ground like a dog. And if you want to spit, do not spit in front, nor to the right for the person in prayer is speaking in private to his lord."