Actions While Praying- Part Two

Narrated Zaid Bin Arqam:

In the lifetime of the Prophet (may peace be upon him) we used to speak while praying, and one of us would tell his needs to his companions, till the verse 'Guard strictly your prayers' was revealed. After that we were ordered to remain silent while praying.

*************

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said,

"The saying SubhanAllah is for men while clapping is for women." (If something happens in the prayer, the men can invite the attention of the Imam by saying SubhanAllah, and women by clapping their hands).

*************

Narrated Abdullah Bin Masud:

We used to say the greeting, name and greet each other in the prayer. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) heard it and said, "Say- 'At-tahiyyatu lil-lahi was-salawatu wat-tayyibatu, Assalamu 'Alaika, aiyuha-n-Nabiyu wa rahmatu-l-lahi wa barakatuhu._Assalamu alaina wa-'ala 'ibadi-l-lahi as-salihin.. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa-l-lah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluh. (All the complements are for Allah and all the prayers and all the good things (are for Allah). Peace be on you, O Prophet, and Allah's mercy and blessings (are on you). And peace be on us and on the good (pious) worshipers of Allah. I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is his slave and Apostle). So when you have said this then you have surely sent the greetings to every good (pious) worshipper of Allah, whether he be in the Heaven or on the Earth."