Night Prayer

Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to pray in his room at night. As the wall of the room was low, the people saw him and some of them stood up to follow him in the prayer. In the morning they spread the news. The following night the Prophet (ﷺ) stood for the prayer and the people followed him. This went on for two or three nights. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) did not stand for the prayer the following night, and did not come out. In the morning, the people asked him about it. He replied, that he was afraid that the night prayer might become compulsory.

(Book 10, Hadith 123)

The night prayer is not an obligation but as we seek Laylut-ul-Qadr during the last 10 nights of Ramadan, it is a great time to follow the Prophet (saw)’s example and pray most of the night. If you are unable to do this, try and catch the last third of the night. With many at home due to the many lockdowns across the world, use this time to make the remaining days of this blessed month a Ramadan to remember. As the 29th night for those who began fasting on Saturday, this is the final odd night of Ramadan. Nobody knows if they'll see another Ramadan so make the absolute most of it, make all the duas to your heart's content, pray for forgiveness, for those you love and those you don't even know. Pray for the Ummah and the oppressed, your dua could be the one that is answered and removes tribulation from someone else's life. Trust in Allah, pray like you've never prayed before and thank Allah for all you have.

Source: Hadith of the Day