Belief

Narrated Abu Huraira:

One day, while The Prophet (may peace be upon him) was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked,

"What is faith?"

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) replied, "Faith is to believe in Allah, His Angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection."

Then he further asked,

"What is Islam?"

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) replied, "To worship Allah alone and no one else, to offer prayers perfectly, to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat), and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan."

Then he further asked,

"What is Ihsan (perfection)?"

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, amd if you cannot achieve this state of devotion, then you must consider that He is looking at you."

Then he further asked,

"When will the hour be established?"

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will tell you its portents,

1. When a slave(lady) gives birth to her master.

2. When the shepherd's of black camels start boasting and competing with each other in the construction of higher buildings. And the hour is one of five things which nobody knows except  Allah. The Prophet (may peace be upon him) then recited, 'Verily, with Allah alone is the knowledge of the hour-."

Then that man (Gabriel) left and The Prophet (may peace be upon him) asked the companions to call him back, but they couldnt see him. Then The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said, "That was Gabriel who came to teach the people their religion."

Abu Abdullah said, "He (The Prophet (may peace be upon him)) considered all that as a part of faith.