i'm (not) lovin' it

I'm so glad I've only had to wait one night for my date with Dean, not because I'm desperate, okay, maybe I am, but only a little bit though

I'm so glad I've only had to wait one night for my date with Dean, not because I'm desperate, okay, maybe I am, but only a little bit though. I'm excited more than anything, all night I was thinking about what Steph had said and fantasising about what kind of date Dean and I might go on - I barely slept at all!

Aaron had tried to persuade me to go out last night as if I didn't have more important things to attend to, I couldn't just go out and get wasted, my barnet wasn't going to tame itself, he knew that!

Well, I'm never going on a date with Dean again! In fact, I'm never going on a date with anyone again, they're all a waste of time.

Yesterday and my excitement at the thought of a date seems like a lifetime ago.

As I'd made my way to our designated meeting spot — at the end of my road — I'd practically skipped along the pavement full of anticipation to meet Dean and go on our date. I mean it had been a long time since I'd last gone out with a guy, almost a month in fact.

Just as I made my way past the post box, someone honked a car horn, and I was about to turn around and give them the middle finger because who the hell did they think they were? Then I heard him call my name.

"Elsie, over here," Dean shouted from the driver's seat of a crappy little Corsa, that he'd tried to spruce up with a few stickers that looked like they'd come free in a magazine.

"Hey," I said, as I opened the door and climbed in. I looked at him and was immediately relieved that I hadn't gone with Steph's choice of clothing - the top was okay, but the skirt she'd picked out would've been totally over the top. Despite the fact that I was wearing my jeans, I still felt overdressed next to Dean, who was wearing a tracksuit. He was more chavtastic than fantastic, but who was I to judge?

"You look gorgeous," he'd said.

That was a lie — yeah, so I might have been up and out of bed at the crack of dawn to get ready for my afternoon with Dean, but I knew that I hadn't quite achieved the look that I was going for. I didn't care though because even though I knew that Dean was lying, I still accepted the compliment. I couldn't even remember the last time someone had complimented me, and I wasn't going to let Dean's modified car, or choice of attire put me off the date with him.

While Steph had been right about Dean being a chav, she had been wrong about the kind of date that we'd go on, very wrong! There would be no quiet drinks in a country pub while we spent time getting to know one another.

Despite the fact that I'd vowed never to go to McDonald's again after what had happened there just a few months ago, Dean indicated left and turned into the car park. Thankfully he didn't show any intention of getting out of his car and actually going into the place. Instead, we went through the drive-thru, all I could do was hope that this was a flying visit, that maybe Dean was feeling a little peckish and just needed something to tide him over until we got to our final destination.

Honestly, I thought that this so-called date couldn't get any worse, but I was wrong because McDonald's car park was our final destination. My first date since Ben dumped me, and I end up in the exact same place where it all happened.

Dean pulled up into a parking space, and that was when I realised that they surrounded us — the car park was full of moron's, hanging out in their Corsa's and Fiesta's, music blaring from the speakers.

Back when I was in school, some of the girls used to go and hang out at McDonald's car park with a load of older lads. They all had cars, and the girls thought they were really cool. I'd heard the stories about how Claire Deakin and Emma Johns had lost their virginity, one in the back seat of a Nova and the other in a Saxo. No one was ever sure which way around it was.

I'd never been part of that gang, and to be honest I hadn't wanted to a part of it either, yet here I was.

The whole date was going about as well as could be expected, and then the police turned up.

"We've had a few noise complaints," the fit looking policeman said through the open window.

I'd never been one of those girls that had a thing for a guy in uniform, but he was gorgeous. I tried to take a discreet peak, but at the same time, I needed to hide my face and my embarrassment.

"Why don't you just fuck off mate?" Dean piped up.

And that was it; he was ordered out of the car, a pair of handcuffs were slapped on, and he was in the back of a police car. I don't think that there's actually a law against swearing at a police officer, but Dean was arrested anyway.

"Where are you taking him?" I asked, even though it was pretty obvious that he was being carted off down the station.

"Don't wait up," one of the police officers said, "your boyfriend won't be home tonight."

I was about to protest, you know, make it clear that Dean definitely wasn't my boyfriend, and then I thought better of it when I saw the look on the face of the policeman who'd pretty much dragged Dean from the front seat of his car.

And that was that. My date with Dean was over, and yet again, I'd been abandoned in McDonald's car park.