dear debbie

I did a thing today - a good thing, a step in the right direction kind of thing

I did a thing today - a good thing, a step in the right direction kind of thing. I wrote a letter to Dear Debbie in the Sun. I know, I know, but desperate times and all that. She always has some good advice; won't lie, I've even used it a few times when I'd been a shoulder to cry on for one of my friends after they'd been through a breakup. This was different though, I'd never been dumped before, this was uncharted waters, and I wasn't ready to sail them alone.

Dear Debbie,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter to you. My boyfriend of five years recently broke up with me and I've been devastated ever since.

There was no massive argument, no one else, well at least not on my part anyway. He'd even talked marriage once or twice in the past, so to say the breakup came as a huge shock is an understatement.

I'm finding it hard to accept the words, "I don't love you anymore." How could he possibly say that? How could he really mean those words? Even after everything that's happened, everything we've been through together.

He was everything to me. We've been through so much together and I'm not sure how I'll cope without him. It's always been the two of us, me and him and now it's just me, I feel like my whole world has suddenly stopped turning. I've barely eaten or slept since that awful day; my parents and friends, they're all worried about me, but they just don't understand that I am so utterly bereft without him.

I've hit a low point and no matter what, I just can't pick myself up again.

I'm stuck in a dark, dark place and I don't know when or if I'll ever see the light again.

What do you suggest I do?

Emotional in Evesham