Chapter 3

© 2014 by tore56789 (GOS) All rights reserved.

“Where too Miss?” An Indian looking guy asked when she slipped in, behind sunglasses. 

“Know any good places to get a good price on a car?” she asked bending closer to the driver.

“Teds Second hand deals, I would recommend most nicely.  Good cars. Good prices.”  He turned to smile at her. “I take you?”

“Yes, take me.”

“OK. We go. It’s about four mile.” He said turning on the clock.

“Does this Ted accept plastic?”

“No problem.  Think mister Ted will be most inviting to you.” He laughed softly, as he turned up the volume a bit more, on the Indian music he had been listening to when he got in.  He looked out, as the taxi driver moved off, doing about thirty, as concrete jungle came into view, pedestrians –kids taking chances running across the road out from some school.  The driver braked, and muttered something in his own language –which hadn’t sounded too nice to Tobias.

“I apology to you Miss, but they are most crazy around here. “

She laughed on auto, “It’s perfectly okay.”

“I got kids. Two, a boy and girl, but brought up with old Hindi values.  They aren’t like these.” 

The girl again laughed back on auto. To the way he said it.  Like his intonation spoke volumes.  How he was totally baffled regarding the parenting skills of Americans?  If this was the best they could turn out –rogue-kids playing dodge the bumper with his taxi? 

 He felt secure in this company.  Seeking polite chat, but not asking for any other favours.  Curiosity got the better of him.  He took out a makeup mirror from her bag, to check the host.  He was pleased to see in the reflection, a really attractive blonde woman.  With deep blue eyes; that easily showed they had the power to attract men, like flies brought to an eerie grave in stagnant pools.  He had to admit for thirty six, she could easily pull it off for twenty six.  She had that slenderness, and toning, he knew from her memories, which came from home morning workouts and gym twice weekly.  Now he understood why the journalist had befriended him. 

Sitting back, he checked out more about the woman, he had occupied.  He knew he needed her body for at least three days.  From his search, he quickly pulled out information she was due to meet up with her parents later that evening.  In fact, that was where she had been off to, when he stepped into her in the train carriage.  Her husband also intended to phone their place later, to check up if she had arrived safely: where mummy would also spend time chatting with her two children, a boy and a girl, who he saw from her memories had the true likeness of their mother.  He also knew she loved her husband.  Had thought from time of cheating on him?  Had numerous chances?  But never took such offers up.  As the love she had for that man was too deep.

He liked that.  He could relate to that.  As he also had a family, two boys –who were to all degree the image, and personality of their dad?  Meaning, somewhat crazy, but very likable, and having a somewhat dark nature, when it came to humour? But then what could you expect, when your sons are also in the Funeral Director business?  Aren’t they too going to have some sort of Adam’s Family values?    

He realised, he needed to do something about that.  Find an excuse why she hadn’t got to her parents.  Last thing he needed was for her husband to contact the police, and for them to put out an A.P.B. on the radio. (All points bulletin)  They then tracing down peculiar usage off her credit card.  As he was an expert at occupying hosts, and thinking up excuses, he wasn’t too worried.  Besides, at that time, she still was supposed to be in transit to her destination.  And wasn’t due to speak with her husband, like for six hours.  Six hours to him, was like a lifetime.