Chapter 11

© 2014 by tore56789 (GOS) All rights reserved.

He knew having control of a psychiatrist, he probably had the power to write a ticket for her to a loony-bin, or on a lesser note, REHAB.  Something, her mother looked favourably on, but her sister, had apprehensions about –certainly in relation to the loony-bin.  He held this as a last resort card.  He hoped more subtle, persuasive tactics, might work, before pulling that trick.

As he knew from examining past memories between them, they had kept to themselves many sisterly secrets. 

One like when Evelyn was seven, and Jillian was thirteen, consisted of a secret so important at the time –to the big sister.  That if it was broken.  Her baby sister was destined to marry a horrible warty toad-like man, with a humongous body odour –like that of a toad.  Something that made her little sister make the “Yuck” sound, with the very thought of it.  That secret was that Jillian, wanted to be kissed by a boy called Davie Brown, and hoped he would take her to the Prom.  Which from her memories, he realised, never happened.

Instead, some other boy asked her, who she didn’t like, but went hoping to make Davie jealous.  When that didn’t happen, and she saw the boy she fancied enjoying himself far too much –with a girl she detested.  She had gone home early, asking her biological father to come and get her. 

Later they had walked about.  He had brought her a large strawberry soda in a late night diner.  And told her, with a smile, sitting down next to her, that that Davie Brown was a terribly stupid boy, passing up on a beautiful lady like his daughter!  She had smiled into the eyes of that old man then, never wanting that moment to end.  As he had gone on to tell her –smiling proudly at her; as both life existed inside and out on the street.  That one day she would meet her true prince.  Who would love her and cherish her.  And cut off his right hand, if he ever caused a teardrop to slide down her cheek.  Teardrops which had been shed so stupidly on that night!

Tobias liked the memory.  He couldn’t escape the thought.  He found himself growing founder of this host.  He knew class when he stepped into it.  Having sat into the driving seats of so much bad!  And this person was as pure as they came.  No thoughts of hate.  Only wishing to offer kindness and help to others.  That same trust in people, Tobias realised though, had if not in a passive way, lead to her sexual assault, which had afterwards left its scares, and caused her to be less trustful, and carry a 38 revolver, which she had become an excellent markswoman with.

He smiled in thought, behind the eyes of the girl he looked out at the world with.  He knew the darkest of secrets too within the family.  Even after only a short while of occupation.  And something Jillian swore to forever keep secret from her sisterly, which came about shortly after Evelyn’s mental illness had been diagnosed as a girl. That was, that her mother hadn’t driven their father away?  It was coping with Evelyn’s illness.  Her mood swings.  A life that became just too hard.  And lead to far too many rows between their parents.  In the end, for their own sanity, they sought a divorce.  Jillian would never tell this to her sister.  As she knew it would be the final push, to shoving her over the edge.

Also, another sisterly promise took place, after Evelyn was diagnosed with the bipolar disorder.  When Evelyn was about thirteen, she had made Jillian promise her, that whatever happened with her life, from that moment on, to always make sure she never ended up in a sanatorium.  Because if she didn’t keep that promise.  She would find a way while being there, to kill herself.  And after that, she would come back and haunt her for the rest of her life.