Chapter 2- Softies?

"Y/N," Jungkook says as he exits his temporary room at the borders once he sees Y/N waiting for him outside already wearing her uniform that surprisingly fits just right.

It's weird considering that there are only two females working at the borders and they work at the kitchen preparing all the meals for the soldiers.

"Yes, dear, brother?" Y/N addresses him with the word 'dear' in order to tease him since she's feeling a bit playful this morning.

"You do know that I hate you, right?" he says giving her his best glare.

"Stop being sour, view this as a new experience, you don't always need to he locked up in those four walls of the castle. Live a little," she tells him, being seriously concerned by the fact that her brother has been a goody-two-shoes the past month and only does whatever the King and Queen request.

Seriously what did mom and dad bargain him with to keep him under such a leash?

Pfft, hope the haven't prepared anything similar for me...

"What happened to you, Kooks?" she asks him with a worrisome look on her face but before her brother can even change his face expression the Chief passes by them and starts scolding the two siblings.

"What do you two think you're doing? You think you can chit-chat whenever you feel like and delay on the training? Everyone is waiting for you on the yard! GO!" Chief Kim yells at the end to scare the hell out of the two siblings.

"YES, SIR," The two answer like two soldiers and then they march towards the exit of the building and to the yard.

"I can't believe that my sister is actually acting like a soldier, you truly have gone nuts," Jungkook comments as he watches his sister march down the hallway.

"Jungkook, yes, I know I'm not the typical princess you see in books but seriously, if we are going to rule one day we need as much knowledge and experience as we can get," she turns her head to give him a serious look.

"Painting nails and choosing the appropriate necklace for the pink dress is not going to save tour kingdom when at need," she says utterly serious shutting up her naive young brother as she opens the door to the yard.

When both of them pass through the door they see a bunch of fifty men standing like statues while forming a perfect square, all of them waiting for the two royals.

The sergeant motionts with his hand to the two to go stand in front of him and they do so.

"I will give you three seconds to explain to me why you're late," the sergeant says with a really strict voice.

Jungkook and Y/N do not dare to look up at the angry sergeant. Even though they both are aware of the fact that no one will do nothing to them since they are who they are, causing trouble and being disrespectful is not in their plans.

"We have no excuse, sir," Jungkook says lowering his head.

A snicker can be heard from behind them, where the fifty men are standing, all awaiting for the two siblings to begin with the daily training.

"NO EXCUSES?" the sergeant suddenly yells and they both flinch, causing another snicker to erupt from behind them.

"YOU COME HERE DELAYED, MAKING THE ENTIRE TEAM WAIT AND YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE?" he continues, probably being audible to the entire facility.

"I WOULD'VE LEFT YOU GO WITH IT IF YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU HAD A MISFORTUNE AT THE TOILET, BUT NO EXCUSE? YOU'RE SO DUMB YOU CAN'T EVEN THINK OF A LIE?" he finishes and now a roar of laughter erupting from everyone behind.