Chapter 8- The Water Fountain

"She's still with Prince KiHyun?" Jungkook asks the guard who stands by the closed entrance of Princess Y/N's study room.

"Yes, your Highness," the guard responds with a sharp nod of his head.

The prince takes a deep inhale as he rests his hands on his waist before he turns to face Jimin who had accompanied him in the search of his sister.

"I guess she's prohibited anyone from entering?" he turns back to the soldier annoyance written all over his face after the soldier answers positively to his question, "Great," he sighs before clenching his jaw.

"Is there a reason that you're annoyed?" Jimin asks the prince.

"I'm kind of alarmed that a marriage proposal popped out of nowhere to my sister and that she's spent the past two days in that room with the potential husband when she's made it pretty clear that she has no intentions of marriage," Jungkook rants pursing his lips in thought before he freezes and his eyes turn wide,

"Could she have killed him?" his wide-open eyes lift upward and lock with Jimin's who seem to express confusion.

Would she actually kill a person?

"You have her capable of that?" Jimin questions with a soft voice.

"No, she wouldn't," Jungkook relaxes and Jimin rolls his eyes at the young Prince, "What if she left?" his eyes go wide again but Jimin knows better than to believe him this time.

Just as Jungkook is ready to turn his body around and barge in his sisters' study room, craving for her attention, the doors open and a tired Y/N walks out followed by an equally- if not more- tired Prince KiHyun; Both of them with messed up hair and dark circles under their eyes. Each being proof that they haven't slept well for the past two nights and clearly not for enjoyable reasons.

Jimin raises his left eyebrow with a tiny tilt of his head to the left, his curiosity triggered at the state of the two people in front of him.

"What's...," Jungkook trails off surprised at the sight before him that rejects the theories he'd come up with, "Wrong with you two?"

"Oh, the things I do to stay single," Y/N quietly sighs with a hint of drama in her voice as she walks past her brother and Jimin who she hasn't acknowledged the presence of.

"Y/N?" Jungkook calls out from behind her but she waves him off.

"I'm going to sleep for three days don't disturb me," she tells him before she turns on a hallway to head for her chambers.

"Would you like to explain what's going on, Prince KiHyun?" Jungkook turns to the other sleepless after his sister disappears.

KiHyun takes a deep breath in trying to use up whatever energy there's left in him to form sentences that will make sense to his audience, " We were in there," he lazily points to the study room, "Doing research and everything to prove a marriage between me and Princes Y/N will not be beneficial for my Kingdom or yours."

KiHyun looks back and forth from Jimin to Jungkook awaiting for their responses. Jimin nods his head in acknowledgment of the matters whereas Jungkook looks at him confused.

"How...?" the young prince begins and tilts his head, "Are you going to do that?"

"I'm afraid I'm in no position to explain at the moment," KiHyun responds while he fixes his wrinkled suit, "If you excuse me, I have a lot of sleep to catch up on," with that he bows to both men and leaves. He too, like the princess, craving for the soft feeling of the satin sheets against his skin.

"It's only ten in the evening," Jungkook mutters as he puts his hands in the pockets of his suit and pouts his lower lip.

"Don't you have anything to do, your Highness?" Jimin looks at him with a soft smile.