holiday

description: dan and phil meet while on holiday in america
word count: 1668

phil's pov

his chapped lips pressed softly against the crook my neck and i unconsciously pulled him closer. his sweet scent had flooded my senses and made me feel incredibly intoxicated. the feeling of his warm tongue tickling against my pale skin made me smile and i struggled to suppress a small moan.

"dan stop," i said unconvincingly. we both knew i wanted him to continue, so he did. he pushed me back so that i was leaning against the headboard and crawled easily into my lap. i wound my fingers in his soft hair as he slowly, and sneakily moved around to create some friction.

"i know what you're doing, and you need to stop," i said with a bit of underlying amusement. as much i adored the pleasureful feeling, there were too many problems that prevented us from going further.

he pouted at me but reluctantly climbed off and curled up next to me. "i don't want you to leave," he whimpered, his head buried into my side. i rubbed small circles on his back in what i hoped was a comforting manner.

"please phil? you never know when we'll get to see each other again."

i knew what he wanted, and if i'm being honest i wanted it too. but my family is going back to england today, which means they could show up at my hotel room at any second to tell me we're leaving. i had been lucky enough that i didn't have to share a room with them, but i wasn't going to push that by taking advantage of my own space and having relations with a boy i just met.

when i say just met, i mean almost literally. we had come to america for a week, and dan, the boy currently curled up in the bed beside me, had introduced himself a few days ago while we were sitting on the beach.

it's rare that i spend long amounts of time in the sun, usually half an hour at most, so he's lucky he caught me. and i guess i'm quite happy that he did. we went to an ice cream shop that afternoon and talked. i learned we had lots in common, and things escalated from there pretty quickly. we got closer and more familiar with each other, and now, a few days later, we've ended up here.

i snuggle him closer to show that i'm thinking about him. "dan, babe, you're amazing and adorable and i really want to, but we can't," i say in response to his previous protests.

"but why not?" he whines unhappily.

i roll my eyes playfully at his childish behaviour. "you're too young," i say simply, as if that's my only reason.

"phil," he moans exaggeratedly, hoping it will have an effect on my decision. "we already talked about this, i'm 18. i'm an adult."

"dan, i'm in my 20s, and you only turned 18 a week ago. besides, that's not really what i meant."

he shakes his head impatiently. "then what did you mean, phil? that you don't actually like me?"

his bottom lip pokes out sadly, and he looks ready to unleash an onslaught of tears. "no baby, it's not that," i place him back on my lap so we're facing each other.

"then what is it?" he says grabbing my hand so he can play with my fingers.

i smile gently. "we've only known each other a few days, and i want you to be sure that you like me before taking that step, dan. i may not be a virgin, but i'm pretty sure you are. and that's something that you need to hold on to until you're positive that you're ready, okay?"