Military

AU: Shawn is in the military.

Warning: strong language
--------------------
I watched as the postman put a letter in the mailbox in front of Shawn and I's shared place.

What could it be about? Could it be about him getting on a plane to finally come home after more than six months, just like how he described it through our short phone calls?

Or could it be something else? Could it be the head telling me that he was gone? That he wasn't coming home at all?

I heard our son crying through the fairly-thin walls of our house. Putting the thoughts away, I rushed to him.

"Shh, it's okay, Mommy's here," I cooed at the baby as I cradled him in my arms.

He soon quieted down, and as soon as he did, he smiled up at me.

I smiled back at the little bundle of joy in my arms. He looked exactly like his father. He had his beautiful brown eyes, hair, nose, and even their smiles were the same.

Heck, I couldn't even see myself in him.

I imagined how happy Shawn would be, knowing that he had a son waiting on him back home. I imagined how tears would pool up in his eyes as he stared at the baby.

I imagined how perfect we were going to be as a family.

I could practically feel his muscular arms around my waist as he sang to the baby.

After standing for a few minutes, I put our son down, and started walking toward the mail.

I took the envelope inside, hoping that it was good news. I even prayed to whoever could hear me that it was good news.

Please. Tell me that he's okay.

'Dear Mrs. Mendes,

'We are very sorry to say this, but Mr. Mendes had caught a disease when we were in Russia.'

My anxiety kicked in and forced me to stop reading, and felt my own emotions eating me alive. He was gone.

He was gone. And he wasn't coming back.

I felt the pain, the heartbreak - everything. It was as if my whole world had been torn apart.

Just a few minutes ago, I was imagining how perfect we were going to be as a family.

He only had two weeks before coming home.

Two weeks. I thought to myself, crying even more. He was gone.

As I sat down on the floor, I noticed something falling out of the envelope.

'Hey, baby. If I know you, and I do, I know you didn't read the whole thing before dropping this as you cry. Read it, baby. I have a surprise waiting for you. -Shawn'

I re-read the letter, and found out that he was joking.

I could honestly chop his dick off if I didn't love him so much.

'Dear Mrs. Mendes,

'We are very sorry to say this, but Mr. Mendes had caught a disease when we were in Russia. What disease, you may ask? It was a disease where he desperately needed cuddles and where he almost died because he was thinking of you in the battlefield. Thank God we saved his lovesick ass. He'll be joining you soon enough, and we won't be needing him back. We feel like you need him more than we do. -Shawn's friends from the army'

A knock on the door made me almost drop the letter, and before I knew what I was doing, I was already opening the door.

"Shawn, you fucking ass!" I exclaimed, sobbing happily as I clung onto him.

"Hello to you too, baby." He chuckled.

"I hate you so much, you know that?"

"The feeling is mutual," he replied, putting me down and pressing his lips on mine.

"I thought you were dead, Shawn. What the hell was that about?" I whined. "I was already crying, damn it!"

"Gotcha," he said, smiling as he kissed the top of my hair.

"You're gonna get it. You're gonna fucking get it," I warned him, laughing devilishly.

He scoffed. "I'd like to see you try," he whispered, before kissing my earlobe.

I sighed. "You know what that does to me."

"Damn right, I do. I put a baby inside you when I did that."

We were quiet for a moment. His eyes went wide.

"Wait. Holy shit. Where's the baby?"

I grinned. "I can't believe you forgot! How could you?" I joked. "He's inside, and you better stay quiet, or else-"

As if on cue, loud cries were heard throughout the house.

"Or else that happens."

"Yes, ma'am."
-----------------------
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter, sorry if it sucked, I haven't been able to write anything down lately. Anyway, would you like a second part to this? When he sees the baby for the first time, maybe?

Thanks for reading!
Bye!
DSBF!