The Youngest Guardian

"David?" He heard a voice call to him. "It's time for dinner."

"Okay, I'll be right down." The young man replied to the voice. David Vasquez was a rather unusual boy, he was a human born to an Exo father and a Human mother. His eyes were purple in color and had streams of blue in his iris amid all the purple. He had hair that was white at the base and black at the top, and his face was a shade of tan like his mothers.

David walked down the stairs to see dinner prepped and on the table. He took his seat at the table next to his older sister Nova. She was late for dinner, again. David sighed and took a sip of the water that was in his glass. Nova was a guardian, his Dad was a guardian, his Mom was a guardian. But he loved it when they would come home, his Dad always had some stories to tell when he'd come home, his Mom too.

"Heya kiddo, how're ya?" Molly asked him.

"I'm okay Molly, do you know when Dad's going to be back?"

"They told me they'd be back in an hour, they said something about a Cold War missile silo that they were going to investigate." She replied taking a seat in front of him. David perked up at the news, he loved history and this new adventure that they were having involved it.

"That sounds interesting."

"David, you know they love you right?"

"Of course I do, why would I think otherwise?"

"Because they aren't always around."

"Molly, Dad, switches off with Ikora with the position for the vanguard every day, I always get the chance to see him. Also since they gave him time off on the weekends, I get to spend more time with them." He replied taking a bite out of the salmon that was on his plate.

"So, how was school?"

"Oh, it was alright," David replied, "Just as boring as always."

"Boring?"

"Yeah, the only exciting part is having lunch with Emily and Tyler."

"Man, I thought that you loved school."

"I love learning Molly, but the way that they teach? Having us sit at desks and look at books all day? That's the annoying part." He replied. Molly smirked slightly to herself, she had something that would cheer him up.

"Hey, bro,"

"Yeah? What?"

"I got you a little something fo your birthday tomorrow, but since you aren't feeling that great, I kinda wanted to give it to you early."

"Really?!" David exclaimed excitedly. "What is it?"

"Well, gimme a sec, and I'll show you." She replied getting up from the table and heading to her room. David wondered what she got him that was so special. She came back with a small box wrapped in a purple ribbon. It was relatively large but not absurdly so.

"Happy early birthday little bro." She said handing him the box. David took the box out of her hands and examined it.

"Thank you, Molly," David said to her before gently taking the ribbon off the black box. Beneath the ribbon was a circle with four stars on it. David lifted the top of the box off and was greeted with a pleasant sight. It was his favorite manga and his sisters favorite. Dragon Ball, the complete series, was in his hands. It was from the very start to the very end in one massive volume. But what was even better, was what was on the inside cover of the book. It was the signature of the creator.

"It's incredible!" David exclaimed briefly flipping through the pages. "Thank you!" He said giving her a hug.

"You're welcome David." She said returning the hug. The pair then heard the locks on the front door tumble and turn. David shot out of his chair placing the book on the table and sprinted for the door. The door opened, and there were his Mom and Dad. Cameron and James Vasquez, both legendary figures in their own right.