Among the Stars

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE ANTI AIR CANNONS ARE OFFLINE?!" Upgrade shouted inside of his main chamber. 

"My lord, the unit was attacked late last night," One of the SIVA dregs said to him. Upgrade had been experimenting with his body made out of SIVA, trying to find a new form that suited him best. For the moment he had taken his Perfect Cell appearance, he looked at himself in one of the mirrors. "I must admit, this is one of the better looking ones," He muttered to himself stroking his chin. 

"Anyway, I don't care when the platform was attacked. What I do care about is the fact that it was destroyed in the first place!" Upgrade said before letting out a dissatisfied sigh. "Can't a guy just run an evil scheme without interference?!" He said creating a desk out of SIVA then slamming his fist onto it. 

"Well, sir, we may have an idea as to who was responsible." The SIVA unit said to him. Upgrade turned around with his eyes appearing as if they were on fire, using the SIVA to a comedic effect. 

"WELL THEN SPIT IT OUT!" He shouted. 

"Here." The dreg muttered nervously handing him what looked like a data drive. 

"You didn't print out the photo...UGH, fine." He said searching through the drive. Upgrade clenched the drive in his hand crushing it. Upgrade looked at the dreg and stabbed him through his abdomen out of pure rage causing the dreg to disintegrate. He looked off into the depths of his base that was still being constructed. Vosik looked at him from behind. 

"Now, Vosik," 

"Yes, master?" The Eliksni Kell asked him. 

"I'm displeased, immensely, displeased," Upgrade said to him. "Now, what would make me feel much better is very, very simple. I need you to oversee the experimental division. Head to the site at Bunker Triglav will you?" 

"Yes master," Vosik replied heading off towards the old rocket silos ascending up the stairs from the perfection complex. 

"I still love the way that sounds." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David was sleeping down in the bed that was in the back of his father's ship. He may have been tactically brilliant, and he had a lot of energy, but that burned out quickly. James sat in the cockpit of the ship as he started flying it back to his apartment, Ghost floated out to talk to him. James glanced at the AI, he appeared to have something on his mind. Something was bothering him. 

"You feeling okay Ghost?" The Exo asked his friend. If he could Ghost would have smiled, James would always listen to the way people were feeling. His Mom did build him that way, but Ghost still admired him for the man that he was. 

"Well, something's been on my mind recently, I don't know if it's been on yours."  Ghost remarked as James took his ship up into the night sky. "Uh, where are we going?" 

"I want him to see it Ghost, I want him to see the Milky Way,"

"Bring Cameron with you, James, I'm sure she'd like to be there with him." 

"Sure, I'll go pick her up, but let's call her up real quick." He said reaching over to the comms panel. 

"Well, can we deal with what's on my mind first?" Ghost asked him hopefully. 

"Oh, of course," James replied pulling his hand away. "What is it?" 

"It's Saladin," Ghost said to him. James looked at him confusedly. 

"What about him?" He asked oddly. Ghost hardly ever talked about other people who he'd met, perhaps this was one of the first things he was going to start with.