The Final Battle

Upgrade and David stared each other down for a moment with Upgrade's red eyes staring into David's orange ones. "So, do you have any stipulations for our duel, David?" 

"Yeah, If I beat you, then you die for good, and everyone you have captive goes free."

"And if I win?"

"You can take what's left of me," David replied thoughtfully. Upgrade smirked at the thought; he'd tear David apart and use what was left of him as the ultimate power source. 

"I hope you understand how easy this is going to be." 

"If you think it's going to be easy, I'll give you the first hit, but I have to warn you if you waste it-" He said as Upgrade crashed his fist into David's face, causing his head to jerk to the right. David smirked and wiped his face. "You're gonna regret it." He said coldly. David pulled his fist back and slammed it into Upgrade's stomach sending him flying into the wall of the cavern. 

"Oh, so you wanna fight Superman style huh?!" Upgrade exclaimed flying over to David at a rapid speed throwing his fist at him. David caught his punch which created a shockwave that sent the objects that were in the room all over the place. The boy then crushed Upgrade's hand like he had done to himself earlier. Upgrade groaned in pain as David let go of his hand and delivered a roundhouse kick to his side crashing him through the wall of the chamber. 

David took off for Upgrade flying out of the Perfection Complex hitting both his feet into the SIVA monster, slamming him through the frozen rock and onto the snowy tundra above. Upgrade flipped back up to his feet as David landed on the surface of the snow. Upgrade looked at the boy as snow from the sky impacted his skin and armor. The snow immediately evaporated as soon as it touched him. Upgrade smiled, he had so much power for such a small body. 

"Look at the scenery; it's perfect for a final showdown isn't it?" Upgrade asked holding his hand out to touch the snow. 

"Well, rain would be more picturesque, but I guess you're right," David replied. 

"Now, there's something that I believe that you need to understand, you know why I exist David?" 

"No, and frankly I don't really care, you're a dead man anyway," David remarked flying over to Upgrade who decked David with a punch to his face sending him sprawling to the ground. 

"I'm the dead man? Come on kid, you should know by now." He said turning his hands into claws. "I was built to kill people." He said slashing as David dodged to the left. David then used some of his solar energy to create spikes on the ends of his knuckles and smashed his gloved hand against Upgrade's chest. Upgrade grunted in pain, and David delivered another punch across Upgrade's jaw creating a deep cut on his face. Upgrade used the SIVA mites that were a part of his body to heal himself. 

"You were built to kill people? Then why is my Dad still alive?" David asked him. 

"Because I wanted him to watch as the world he cared about burned around him," Upgrade replied punching David in the chest sending him back several meters. David slammed his hand into the ground causing him to slow down before Upgrade crashed his knee into David's face sending him up in the air. Upgrade followed up with an overhead swing onto David's chest with his fists sending him headlong into the Earth's surface. 

David stood up and faced Upgrade taking off at bewildering speeds and crashing his fist into Upgrade's chest as they ascended into the atmosphere. David took his hand and tightly gripped it around Upgrade's face as they flew bewilderingly fast towards the Moon. As they approached the lunar surface, David pulled back his hand and slammed Upgrade into the moon's surface sending lunar dust and rock into the air around them.