An Uncle's Resolve

David tucked Emily in, and he gave her a hug goodnight. He walked outside of her room shutting the door quietly. David headed downstairs to see his older sisters, his sister in law, and his cousin all sitting down watching a movie. "Shandri!" David called to his Eliksni cousin.

"Hey David, how's it going?" She asked him. Shandri was the same person who taught him how to sing when he was little. She was one of the first Eliksni he'd ever spoken with, and she was one of the sweetest girls he'd ever met. She had jet black hair, gray skin, and four white eyes like her father. However, she had four natural arms in comparison to the other Eliksni he'd met. She told him the reason why she had those compared to the mechanical ones when an Eliksni is born of noble heritage they receive the second set of arms.

"It's less than great, I mean it was a good day because I became a guardian. Bad because I learned that Emily was being bullied." He said shyly. Nova and Kathrine looked at him shocked.

"She's what?!" Kathrine exclaimed.

"Listen, I'm going to her school tomorrow to take care of it okay? She doesn't want you getting involved. She's worried that you'd take things too far." David said to his sister honestly.

"Is that why she didn't tell us?" Nova asked him pausing the movie.

"She was afraid that you'd do something rash."

"Oh and like you're going to do anything better?" Nova said caustically.

"Listen, if you tried to talk to the bully directly you'd seem crazy. If I confront her, it sends different signals. Just trust me on this, I can take care of it." David said to her calmly.

"He does have a point, you look bonkers if you tried to do something like that," Shandri remarked. "Besides, David gets some leeway because of his age. It's not abusing his powers, it's protecting the people." She finished looking over at Nova.

"So what are you thinking of doing David?" She asked him.

"If I know anything about bullies, and believe me I had my fair share, they like to attack when the victim has no chance of help. I.E. when nobody is around. So my plan is to use radiance and see where I can go from there."

"Radiance? Isn't that overkill?" Shandri asked him.

"I'm not going to kill her Shandri," David replied. "I'm just going to scare her."

"And give her a little bit of PTSD on the side," Molly muttered to herself.

"It'll all be okay Molly, I'll do all that I can without injuries." He said as the group then heard a knock on the door. "Come in it's open!" David called to the door. The door opened to reveal his parents as they entered the apartment. James was carrying Cameron in his arms.

"Dad is everything okay?!" David asked his father quickly.

"Yeah, everything's fine, she's just tired. These SIVA Fallen take a lot out of you." He said stepping inside. "David, could you please get the door for your mother and me?" James asked his son politely. 

"Sure," David replied getting the door and pulling it open. 

"Thank you," James whispered stepping inside placing his wife on the bed, tucking her under the covers. The Exo then walked outside and slowly shut the door behind him. "So, what's going on? Everyone looks stressed." He remarked looking at the group. 

"I just learned that my daughter has been bullied at school, that's what's going on Dad," Nova replied sounding quite upset. 

"That's terrible!" He exclaimed. "What're you going to do?" He asked her cautiously.