Iron Gear Solid

David after that little incident headed outside to see his Dad waiting out there with his ship with the landing gear deployed. He had a smug look on his face and a broad smirk across his mouth looking at his son. "So, how'd it go?" James asked him having his back pressed up against the vehicle with his hands in his pockets. 

"It went well, she won't be bothering Emily again anytime soon," David replied. 

"You didn't cause any destruction did you?" James asked leaning his head towards his son. 

"Only burning one of the bullies backpacks." He replied to his father. James rolled his eyes in response gesturing David to get on the ship. James sat in the cockpit of the ship, however, only in the copilot's chair. David looked at his Dad oddly. "Dad? Why are you sitting in the co-pilot's chair?" 

"Oh, that's because you're going to be flying." He said pointing to the co-pilot's chair. David's eyes widened when he responded with those words. 

"You want me, to fly your ship," David asked him. He could hardly contain his excitement as he sat down in the chair. 

"Well if you're gonna be a guardian, you've gotta learn how to fly a jump ship," James replied eagerly. He knew how quickly his son got control over his basic warlock abilities, he always was a fast learner. Ever since he was little, he could grasp concepts earlier than most people his age could. He was able to do complicated algebra when he was about ten when most kids couldn't do mixed number conversion. 

"So Dad, how do I start?" David asked, nervous to even touch the controls of the ship. He had his hands hovering over the joysticks. 

"Well, first don't touch the control panel quite yet, it's a lot like driving a car. Why don't we head out to the wilderness first?" James asked him taking command and flying the shop outward towards Old Russia.  

"That sounds best. I don't want to accidently kill us." David replied earnestly. Captain then appeared on the dashboard in his flight gear, looking akin to a pilot from the early age of flight. 

"No need to worry D, I'll make sure you don't crash the ship," Captain replied putting his flight goggles on. 

"Do I need to take a test for this?" David asked him. 

"Nope, you just need to know how to fly, take off and land," Captain replied giving David a thumbs up before fading away.  The ship continued flying ahead towards the Cosmodrome before a beeping could be seen on the dashboard. David looked at his dad concernedly then back to the dash. "Uh, Dad? What's that mean?" He asked with his eyes wide. James took immediate control over the ship. 

"Captain what's going on?" He asked Captain urgently. His eyes were focused on the windshield ahead of him tightly gripping the controls of the ship. 

"We've got a lock on from a target, it's land based," Captain replied sternly displaying a holographic map of the area below them. 

"Wait, what's down there?" James asked him. 

"Sir, we have an incoming transmission from Lord Saladin." Captain said to James. 

"Patch him through, make it quick," James said as a projectile whizzed past his ship and exploded several meters away. 

"James are you there?" Saladin asked him seriously. 

"I'm here Saladin, what's your status?" James asked sending the ship into a divebomb to avoid the fire from whatever was shooting them. 

"We've been trying to get air strikes on the Plaguelands for the past several hours, it appears as if out mystery man has reactivated some old anti-aircraft cannons," Saladin remarked.