Unknown Variables

David got up from sitting on the top of the ship, and the group headed back to the tower. David all the while was looking out the massive viewport on the back of the ship as they took off in the jump tunnel holding Geneva in his hands. "G, have you thought about what's on the outside of our galaxy?" David asked her honestly. 

"What did you just call me?" 

"I called you G, it's your first initial," David replied quickly. "It's okay if you don't like it, I don't have to call you that." 

"David, it's fine. Don't worry about it; I kinda like it." She replied happily. 

"So, what do you think?"

"Well..." She said with her voice trailing off. It had been only a few days since she was first activated. And she was so worried about taking care of David that she never really got to ask any of those questions. "I never had the time to think about it, but if what we saw was any indication; stars, lots and lots of stars." She replied to his inquiry. 

Up at the front of his ship, David's parents were talking. "So, he changed his voice for David?" Cameron asked James curiously. 

"Yeah, he did, after he called him 'Colonel,'" James replied looking at her for a moment before looking back towards the front of the ship. 

"Why do you think he did that?" 

"Well, Ghost said to me earlier that there may be some personal demons that he's hiding," James replied still looking ahead. "I'm going to be heading there in a little while to talk to him; you wanna come with?" He asked hopefully. 

"I'd love to, but I can't, I told Nova I'd watch her kids tonight," Cameron replied. "Also I think that David could use some rest," She said glancing at her son who was laying in the bed. 

"I agree, I'll drop you two off then head back to Saladin," James said matter of factly. 

"Sounds like a plan to me," Cameron replied as their ship touched down in the Tower. She headed into the back and picked up her son, who fell fast asleep. She looked down and smiled; she remembered holding him after he was just born, he looked somewhat just like this. James opened the door to the central bay and let her step out before heading off again. She then walked over to their apartment with Athena having to open the door. Nova was sitting in the kitchen with the twins who were still eating lunch. 

"OH MY GOD MOM IS!" Nova exclaimed causing Emily to drop her fork and cover her ears. Cameron shushed her rather quickly to not wake up David. 

"He's fine, he's just tired." She whispered walking over to the stairs. She started walking with him upstairs and had Athena open his room for her. Cameron nodded to thank her, setting David down on his bed and tucked the covers over him smiling slightly before heading out shutting the door quietly behind her. David rustled about a little in his bed before sitting up.

"Oh, good you're awake," Geneva said to him. 

"Geneva,  where's Mom and Dad?" He asked her. 

"Oh, your Mom is downstairs and your Dad I think went to the Iron Temple." She replied. 

"Why did he go there?" He asked trying to get out of bed. 

"Oh no, you don't," Geneva said pulling the covers back over him. "You're gonna stay here and get some rest." 

"Alright then..." David replied. "Can you at least take my clothes off?" 

"Yeah, there you go." She replied taking his armor and body glove off. "You okay with sleeping in your underwear David?" She asked him. There was no response, David was out cold.