That's all I wanted

I was just finishing getting ready, and there was a knock on my door.  “Come in!” I called out, and my door opened.  I was checking my reflection in the mirror, and I could see Aaron standing behind me.  “Ready?” He asked, offering his arm.  I smile, and loop mine through his.  We walk downstairs, and Lea and Hayden were waiting.  I still had Aaron’s arm in my grip as we walk to the car.  We decided to take Hayden’s car.  Aaron opened the door to the back seat, and helped me inside.  Aaron followed behind me, and we were off to the restaurant.  I was really nervous, for some odd reason.  I mean, I’m with my best friends, and I’m nervous.  I guess because it’s kind of my first date with Aaron. 

We arrived about twenty minutes later.  I didn’t talk much on the ride there.  It was mostly just Aaron, Hayden, and Lea goofing off.  I didn’t feel left out; I was just lost in thought.  We were seated right away with Hayden’s reservations.   We were seated out on the patio.  It was a round table, and the restaurant was actually really fancy.  I wore just a basic white cocktail dress, and Lea was also wearing a dress.  The boys just had on a pair of slacks and a button up shirt.  Aaron was the only one of them wearing a tie.  Aaron looked good when he was dressed up.  When we seated, I was between Aaron and Lea.  Aaron held my hand under the table, which made me less nervous.  I’m sure her could feel the sweat forming between our hands.  “Why are you so nervous?” Aaron asks.

I turned my eyes away from the sky, and look at him.  I shrug, and relax.  “I don’t know.  I guess because this is kind of…our first date.”

He nods, “Yeah, I guess so.  But we are always together.  Alone.  You’re never nervous then.”

                “You don’t know that.” I say quickly.

                “Yes, I do.” He brushed a hand across my cheek, and I gave him a weak smile.  Maybe it isn’t the date that’s making me feel like this.  Maybe it’s guilt.  Maybe I’ll feel better if I told Aaron about what happened.  But how would I tell him something like that?  Oh, while you were pretty much dead, I was making out, half naked, with the guy that put you in that position.  We’re cool?  Yeah, I don’t think that’s a smooth way of doing it. 

                I was pulled out of thoughts when Aaron started talking to me again.  “Not going to lie, they are kind of annoying together.”

I laugh, “And maybe we are annoying to them.”

We both look at Hayden and Lea.  They sit close to each other, holding hands, smiling and laughing.  “It’s kind of cute, actually.”   I turn my head to face Aaron again. 

He smirks at me, “If they’re cute, then we are.”

He kisses me quickly.  But I pull him back and kiss him again.  I placed my hand on the back of his neck, and placed my forehead against his.  “To be honest, I can’t wait to have you to myself.”

He laughs and kisses me again.  We pulled away from each other and sat in our normal positions.  He laced our fingers again, and the waiter came to take our order.  “Oh god,” I let out, my eyes wide open.  “Why?” I groan.  Kale was standing there, dressed in the waiter’s uniform and a small booklet in his hands.  Everyone but Aaron had the same expression.  I looked over at Aaron, and his face went hard.  He looked like he was about to jump over the table at him.  Kale didn’t look too please either.

                “Just give me your drink orders.” He said, not making any un-necessary conversation.  Why the hell does he have to be everywhere?  We give him our drink orders, and he disappears as quickly as he arrived.  “That little shit is everywhere.” Hayden spat.