Epilogue;

The last day of summer.  I didn’t think it would come so quick.  Everything seemed back to normal again.  Except I had Aaron.  Lea and Hayden remained together, and eventually worked out their friendship with Cody.  We were all as close as ever.  I looked back at last summer, and realized it was a complete mess.  I thought that even while it was happening.

                Kale’s back, and is living with his parent’s.  He plans on going to the same college with Hayden and Aaron.  Kale will be a freshman, and Hayden and Aaron will be sophomores.  I’ll soon be a freshman at Colombia University, in New York.  I wasn’t looking forward to it, but it doesn’t seem as bad as before.  Aaron and I talked more about it, and he made it sound appealing.  He didn’t mention leaving anything behind.  He mentioned what I would be gaining out of this trip.

                It’s Friday, and I leave tomorrow morning.  I’m already packed, and not quite ready to go.  This summer went by too fast, and I want it to start all over again.  But since that can’t happen, I’ll just make the best of my last day, and hope it goes as slow as possible.  I lay in Aaron’s bed, while he took a shower.  I think it’s close to ten in the morning, and I wasn’t sure what today’s plans were.  Aaron and Hayden talked about going back to the beach, so I’m sure that’s where we’ll end up.

                My thoughts were cut short when the bathroom door opened, and Aaron stepped out, only in a pair of plaid boxers.  His hair was wet, and he shook his head, like a dog would shake when they got wet.  “Really attractive.” I stood from the bed, and met him by his dresser.  He sent me a smirk, before he retrieved a pair of swimming trunks.  He pulled them over his boxers, and I looked at him curiously.  “Aren’t you supposed to take your underwear off first?” I laughed.

He shrugged, and slipped them on anyways.  “It helps keep the sand out better.  You wouldn’t understand.  You’ve never had sand in your—”

I held up my hand.  “I get it, thank you for sharing.”

He gave me a smile, and pecked my lips.  He walked back into the bathroom, and came back out while he dried his hair with a towel.  I grabbed everything I needed to shower, and walked into the bathroom.

                I showered quickly, and got dressed.  I put on my navy blue bikini that had tiny white sailboats scattered around the tops and bottoms.  I pulled on a pair of red, white, and blue plaid shorts, and a white v-neck t-shirt.  I put my hair into a side braid, and stepped out of the bathroom.  Aaron was waiting by the bedroom door, already to go.  He gestured towards the door, and right on time, Hayden yelled for us.  I followed Aaron into the living room, and Hayden and Lea were ready.  I wasn’t ready to start the day, and I wasn’t ready for it to end.

We stopped at the local diner, and at a quick brunch before walking across the street to the beach.  Hayden had Cody meet us there.  Lea and I found a spot away from them.  They threw a foot ball back and forth, and I couldn’t tell who Lea drooled over more.  I laid out my towel, and pulled my shirt over my head.  Lea mocked my actions, and I put our shirts in my bag.  I leaned back on the towel, resting on my elbows.  “I’m really going to miss you.” Lea’s voice was soft.

I turned in her direction, and she had a sad smile.  “I’ll be back before you know it.”

She gave me a nod, and pushed a closed lip smile.  “I know.  When do you leave?”

I turned my gaze back to the guys.  Mostly focusing on Aaron.  “Tomorrow morning.  Aaron and Hayden are taking me to the airport.”

                “Are you ready to go?”