Aaron has a secret, What's new?

I was sitting in a window seat at the local Starbucks. I was happy to see the sun shining through the window. It's been sunny for the last three days. I'm the only one here, well, except this annoying and giggly couple on the other side of the shop. I've always hated to see couples around, kissing, touching each other non-stop. I haven't seen, or heard anything from Aaron in about a week. It's not like him to go M.I.A. for a week. Ever since we were kids, there has not been a day he didn't come to our house.

I know my brother has been going to his house, instead of them slouching at mine. I know Aaron doesn't want to talk to me for various reasons. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't. I shouldn't have kissed him. It was a mistake, and I see that now. I don't even know why I would kiss him in the first place. Now I have these feelings. It feels like something is missing. I don't know where these feelings came from all of a sudden--"Jenny, right?" the semi-deep voice pulled my out of my inner babble.

I looked up from my book and stared into the hazel eyes of Kale. Now that I compare the two, maybe Kale isn't as cute as Aaron...shut up! Kale has jet black cropped hair, a strong nose, perfect full lips, and a soft jaw line. He was slim, yet muscular. He was wearing dark denim jeans and a basic navy blue t-shirt. "Yeah," I smiled, "Want to sit?" I offered.

"Sure," he flashed a smile before taking the seat in front of me. "I'm glad I caught up to you."

"Why's that?" I let the side of my lips pull into a small smile. I couldn't help it.

He hesitated, "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Um, sort of. My brother is having a party because my parent's are out of town, and you're welcome to come."

"Only if you will be there."

"I will be."

I was in my room getting ready for tonight's events. I was nervous. My stomach was turning when I heard the doorbell ring continuously. I heard the muffled music coming from downstairs. I was standing here in a pair of jeans and my bra. I had a few shirts laid out on my bed. I tapped my chin, debating. I was interrupted by a light knock on my door. Forgetting I was 50% naked, I yelled, "Come in!" I didn't look to see who stepped in. When the door shut, I turned to see who it was. Aaron was standing there, letting a smile play on his lips.

I quickly grabbed the first shirt and threw it on. "What do you want?" I shot.

He shrugged and pressed the red cup he had in his hand, to his lips, tipping it slightly. "You're an idiot." I mumbled and grabbed my brush off my dresser and began to brush my hair.

"I know." He grinned. At least he knew it.

I sat my brush down, and walked closer to him. "Did I do something wrong?" I questioned.

He shook his head, "No, why?"

"Then why did you leave and not talk to me for a week?"

"Is there a reason I should have talked to you?"

I smacked his arm, "Uh, yeah. You kissed me."

"As I recall, you kissed me." He smirked.

"We kissed each other," I whispered, "Why didn't you pull away then?"

"Same reason you didn't."

"So, mister I know everything, why didn't I pull away?"

He smirked and stepped closer to me. I started backing away from him until I was being pressed against my bedroom wall. He stopped an inch away from me and didn't let his smile slide. He placed a hand on my jaw and started pulling my face closer to his. Is he about to kiss me again? And why am I not stopping him? Why can't I stop him? He touched our lips for a second. When I realized I was kissing Aaron again, I placed my hands on his chest and gave him a little shove.