Prologue

Prologue

25th of April 1995, Burbank, California, The United States of America

The streets are busy as always, but that is not something Lana notices now. "Come on Lana, you're almost there." Her mother pleads her to push, and she reluctantly does. She was stupid enough to get knocked up after her father's death. "One last big push and she is here." The doctor says calmly and Lana barely feels her legs anymore.

The day it all went wrong, was when her father got shot on the 9th of February. She was at her high school, when the principal pulled her out of class, to tell her father was shot by a 15 year old girl and was now in critical condition in the hospital. As she rushed to the car with the Principal, who would drive her to the hospital, she called her mother to tell her the news. As she arrived in the hospital, she was just in time to race to her father's room and grab his hand, before the line went flat. She cried and the nurses tried to comfort the 16-year old who just lost her father. A day later her mother arrived with her sister Deena, to prepare his funeral and help Lana move to Burbank to live with her mother and sister.

Shortly after the move, Lana became quite the rebellious girl. She would sneak out for parties, to meet covertly with her friends to drink and smoke, even do drugs from time to time, and she would steal to afford it all. Here she met Roderick, a 22 year old who was the son of the guy who sold her friends the drugs. She liked him, a lot more than she should, and often would end up at his place, naked in his bed after quite a night. It was not until he was caught and brought to prison, she realised they never had safe sex. As she got her first symptoms of pregnancy late September 1994, she knew she was expecting. She confided her sister in her big secret, who would immediately comfort her, knowing it was all she was able to do when Lana is going through probably one of her roughest patches in her young life. The first three months of her pregnancy she was able to hide it quite well, only Deena really knowing what was going on, but early December her mother found out after searching her room for laundry, and finding her diary, open on the page where she first wrote about her pregnancy. She helped Lana go through it all and with her help, Lana was finally able to escape out of the bubble she created to keep everyone out.

Early March was when she left school, and decided to study from home, sending in her homework to the teachers for them to check, to hide the fact she was pregnant from everyone. Today was the first time she ever stepped out of that home after her own confinement, and of course the baby girl she was planned to put on the world, decided to come two weeks early. After her contractions became regular, her mother rode her to the hospital where she was brought into a room, and thus is where we are now.

"Last push!" The doctor screamed at her as she pushed as hard as she could, and felt the pressure between her legs release a little as the small girl was finally out. The doctor cut the cord and put the baby girl on her stomach as they finished the afterbirth. Lana looked mesmerized at the baby, but knew deep in her heart that she was too young to give that beautiful baby the chance she deserved. "I have to give her away." Lana managed to tell her mother, who looked at her and frowned. "Why, you would be a great mother." She told Lana who held a sincere look on her face. "Because I cannot take care of her mother, I am barely 17, and a mother. Her best chance is with people who have a job and are older than I am." She told her mother, who just nodded. "If that is what you want, we'll put her up for adoption." Her mother told her and Lana smiled as she held her baby close for the last time. "You'll find me whenever you are ready, Samantha." She told the petit girl in her arms as she took off the bracelet her father gave her which said "Beautiful" and hung it loosely around the girl's neck before giving her with the nurse who would make her adoption files ready. As soon as everyone but her mother left, Lana burst out in tears, to be comforted by her mother.

That same day, the wealthy businessman Theo Jackson and his wife Emma visited that same hospital to check on their own new born daughter Claire, who had her regular check-up. Claire was 4 months old at this point, being born January 2nd. As they walked through the birth area, they found a nurse with a baby at the adoption area. "What is wrong with that child?" Emma asked the nurse while her husband held Claire. "Oh she is the daughter of a 17 year old who cannot give her the care she needs, but she needs a foster parent who can nurse her. Theo saw in the eyes of his wife that she wanted to help. "We'll do it." He says as Emma turned to him with a surprised face. "Thank you." She mouths as she nods. The nurse starts to smile. "Of course there will be procedures, but I can rush that as much as possible. Thank you so much." The nurse said and handed the petit girl to her new mother. "What is her name?" Emma asked and the nurse smiled. "Her mother named her Samantha, but you can give her another name." The nurse said and Emma smiled. "Eleonora, after your mother?" She asked Theo, who smiled. "Eleonora Samantha Jackson does sound good." He says and Emma smiles as she cradles the baby, who is now sound asleep. The nurse returns with the papers and a social worker. Emma follows the social worker, while Theo goes to the appointment with little Claire.

And this is where our story begins, with the rich businessmen adopting Eleonora, and giving her the best chance Lana could ever hope for, but skip to late March 2013, after wrapping season 2 of Once Upon a Time, Lana and her boyfriend Fred are trying to trace her daughter, to get to know each other again...